Uprated alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uprated alternator

Mine has a plate that says "Made in "Germany" but the rest of it is illegibale, so I assume it is a Bosch.

Comment

Have you checked the brushes? Usually easy job to replace and cheap!

Comment

Maybe I should not pass on this info but if anyone wishes to check out alternator info try website
        www.lucas/ee.com info and search product it lists all OE units x references and application this site It is used by Lucas distributors and stockists as a reference point
        That unit is a 17 acr and I don,t think it was an original fitment to the DOHC engine as its technology is from an earlier period as fitted to earlier cars of BL origins the type of unit ranged from 28 to 36 to 45 AMP and was interchangeable for left and RH mounting LRA00358 was fitted to Duratorq engines via Sierra Granada and later the Galaxy I think.

Lucas LRA00374 all of these units are common and are interchangable with LRA 00358 as core units
        LRA00357
        LRA00247
        LRA00462
        LRA00358 was common to Sierra and Granada some models only its output was 45 AMP
        Last edited by burnside; 20-10-17, 01:17 PM.

Comment

If you check out the Lucas website from my posting you can check out each vehicle fitted with your choice of engine and it will show you the OE units fitted info http://www.lucasee.com
          Last edited by burnside; 20-10-17, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Hi all,
            Many thanks for all the comments.
            Have now sorted out the problem, here it is:-
            It was the alternator, following the comments I found that the replacement is a Lucas A127 12v 70A LRA00460.
            I purchased it from DFJ Automotive Ltd in Preston. Tel: 01772 705833.
            So anybody with the same 2L DOHC with the alternator mounted beneath the water pump then this is the one to get.
            It cost £75 all in (alternator/carriage/vat), I ordered on Thursday and it was delivered the following day.
            It is now fitted and the voltmeter is steady at just below 13v with headlights on - perfect??????
            Again many thanks for the help.
            Stewart

Comment

Thanks for the info, noted in manual for when the day arrives for replacement.
              Mine has had a couple of soakings but still works as it should at the moment

Comment

Working...
              X