Tatton Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatton Park

I've just had a reply to my personal (not club) email about the absence of the club. This was caused by a postal hold up and they would like s back next year.

Re: Tatton Park

That's good, but do you believe them ? I wonder how many other clubs were absent due to the postal hold ups, or was it just us.
    YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Some holdup! I posted the original request for a stand in February (for the August event) It was only after the due date in July I was told we didn't get a place.

I did go on the Sunday and
      1. was glad I hadn't got a stand and
      2. was glad i was wearing hiking boots!
      the mud was ##### to have closed the road access to the stands and the car owners were still being told to get on ANY stand they could get too at 10.30.
      I'm quite glad the club didn't get a stand and as i told the organiser it would not be my problem in 2018

Comment

It would be interesting to know if other clubs had a problem. The other big kitcar club at Tatton is usually the Italian Replicas. Conveniently, they occupy the adjacent stand at Stoneleigh, so we could have a chat with them.

If there is any skulduggery, I wonder what the point is. The show is called 'Passion for Power' and is not billed as a classic car show. On that basis, Marlins fit in perfectly, whereas Austin A30s and Morris Minors do not!

Dave

Comment

It may have been common courtesy of Cheshire Auto Promotions to give a valid reason for their decision

Comment

Taken from the promoters web site........IMPORTANT SHOW NOTICE; GROUND CONDITIONS EXCELLENT ON THIS UNIQUE,WELL-DRAINED PARKLAND. RECENT RAIN HAS NOT AFFECTED THE SHOW SITE. SENSIBLE FOOTWEAR IS ALWAYS ADVISABLE.... SEE YOU THERE!!!
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Was that the day before?

Comment

[Hi All - I attended on the Sunday and agree with Derek, there were BIG problems due to the heavy rain on Saturday. The stewards were unable to park car entries which caused very long delays in getting in, Speaking to to some of the Traders and stewards was told that the " organisation " had been sold to another firm and that there was a lot of disquiet and problems behind the scenes, which is probably the real reason we didn't get a stand . Paul

Comment

Only one event listed for the whole of 2018.
                  MOC member since 05/97
                  1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                  1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                  Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Maybe new organisation lost money and isn't coming back. Another two shows off the calendar, I hope not.

Comment

I didn't say that, but it is a realisation that the hobby is in decline.
                      This club, and others must unify and support each other, now more than ever, but, have We the enthusiasm?
                      MOC member since 05/97
                      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Tatton Park is not a good example as visitors have to pay a £6.00 car park charge then the entrance fee to the car show, a large percentage do not return for another show.
                        Last time I talked to a trader who said it was very quiet compared to other shows considering the weather was very good, I told him about the car park charge he may think twice about returning

Comment

Steve ,
                          Your simple answer raises a number of issues , some of which need deep thought . Thanks to government legislation the hobby is changing. In the 50's &60s we would go rooting around scrap yards for bits now scrapies are off the shelf and there are numerous parts suppliers. Builders have more money to spend and I suspect are much older than when I started at 17.
                          If shows cannot attract paying traders the promoters don't make money, end of show.
                          As he apparent lack of enthusiasm for committee posts suggests, the traditional club format is not as popular with younger people.
                          The enthusiasm to actually create something has diminished. Maybe because back then if you wanted it you made it and if it looked a bit odd , so be it. Now it has to look perfect so just buy it ready made.
                          That's enough for now. Talking spoon passed.

Comment

I have posted a question on the MadaboutKitcars General chat forum. We shall see what happens.

Comment

The enthusiasm to actually create something has diminished. Maybe because back then if you wanted it you made it and if it looked a bit odd , so be it. Now it has to look perfect so just buy it ready made.
                              That's enough for now. Talking spoon passed.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree
                              Last edited by Michael Turpin; 08-10-17, 08:21 PM. Reason: addition
                              YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Working...
                              X