Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A series HSF needle change

Hi folks.

can anyone offer advice on upgrading the standard ADG needle on a standard marina HS4 FZX 1189 (wax stat) carb. I'm currently trawling through the charts looking for something with the profile of the david Vizard recommendation BQ or DZ fixed needles which are not the required sprung type. Burlen do an adaptor which will be a last resort if I can't find a suitable sprung one.

The ADG being the standard needle is too lean at cruise and is impossible to richen correctly. Idle is ok as is fully open. The reason I need something richer is to compensate for the K&N carb and the four branch free flow exhaust. These are the only mods so far.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Scotty

Re: A series HSF needle change

According to my SU manual the next richer needle is ADF then ADE (ADD richest to ADK weakest but the needle profiles do differ on some)

You would do well to ditch the waxstat jet there is a conversion kit, as probably whats happening is the heat under the bonnet is causing the waxstat to lean off the mixture too much which along with the KN filter is why its running lean.
    Last edited by b_caswell; 10-10-17, 08:40 PM.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
    X