Why I'm a Club Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why I'm a Club Member

Had to be done just to see your reaction.

LOL

Adrian

Comment

Bingo, twice!
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
        Bingo, twice!
        I don't remember directing criticism at anyone, but if I am on a mental list I had better double the guard on the main gate.
        Honestly grow up!
        Graham (Fouter)

Comment

Originally posted by fouter View Post
          I don't remember directing criticism at anyone, but if I am on a mental list I had better double the guard on the main gate.
          Honestly grow up!
          Graham (Fouter)
          You missed my point entirely. Nobody above in this thread declared themselves a contributor, only as a users.

For the MOC to survive, we must all actively declare ourselves as contributors.

That is the adult way forward.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Once again Steve your Self-admiration amuses me.

PS Membership of MOC is not compulsory (The club seems to irritate you)
            YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

It may well be that many of us contributors do not feel the need to advertise the fact that we are ?

Quote : "I think I am the resident expert (formally unrecognised by the MOC) on all things Marina related"

........whatever makes you say that ?

........and why is there a need, other than your ego, to say it at all ?

........most posters here contribute in one way or another, thankfully nearly all of them in a positive and useful/helpful way
              Last edited by dcunn; 16-10-17, 07:46 PM.

Comment

You missed my point entirely. Nobody above in this thread declared themselves a contributor, only as a users.

For the MOC to survive, we must all actively declare ourselves as contributors.

That is the adult way forward.
                I did not miss your point. For the MOC to survive stop all this drivel that just concentrate on the cars and not bother who can blow their trumpet the loudest.
                Some people with superiority complexes will just discourage new members or others to contribute as they know best and always gets the last word.
                Graham

Comment

I entirely agree with the above

Comment

Definition of an expert - someone with more data than judgement

Comment

I was always told that X is an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under pressure

Comment

"To open a can of worms,"

Over to you!
                        I think this can is past its sell by date !!!
                        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Sorry Steve, I too have completely missed your point.

The role of tech rep has largely been superseded by the forums. There are no fringe benefits to being a technical expert. Ben and Danny are not committee members.

Your technical expertise is always most welcome here.

I’m not sure why you wish to air your worms here.

As far as I know there is no relationship between the MOC and your own website.

You say: “I can share what I like with friends, whether or not the document is protected by copyright (notionally) I am sure you all do it privately.”

That is none of my business but there has been a hardening of the law in this area recently. The courts have decided that websites can no longer claim that they are not responsible for content. I am not an expert but I would advise you exercise caution if you are distributing copyright material. Be especially cautious if your site is hosted in the states.

Many members contribute to the MOC in many ways. Check out the first post in this tread.

I hope I’m not on any mental list. Or do I mean on a mental register?
                          Paul

PS: Gentlemen please keep all posts genial.

Comment

In my opinion our club forum does a fantastic job of dealing with members CAR related problems and communicating events and what people have doing with their cars. However, every now and again, it gets out of hand and starts to get personal. When this happens I don't think it puts the club in a very good light. If you must hurl insults at each other may I suggest you use the private messaging service instead. Otherwise, please be civil to each other and remember we are a CAR club and not some sort of political debating society.

Chairman

Comment

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
                              In my opinion our club forum does a fantastic job of dealing with members CAR related problems and communicating events and what people have doing with their cars. However, every now and again, it gets out of hand and starts to get personal. When this happens I don't think it puts the club in a very good light. If you must hurl insults at each other may I suggest you use the private messaging service instead. Otherwise, please be civil to each other and remember we are a CAR club and not some sort of political debating society.

Chairman
                              I think that's a timely and measured response we should all note. Probably a good idea to close this forum thread at this point. :-)
                              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                                I was always told that X is an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under pressure
                                ex as in has been and spurt is a drip under pressure
                                Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
                                X