Twin Cam Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Cam Questions.

Guys, Good thread on the Carb issue elsewhere on the Forum. I presume all are using a Fiat gearbox and Marina back end? What is the requirements for the propshaft and fittings? I've a roadster with a standard A Series at the mo. I had a low mileage twin cam from an 80's Mirafiori which had structural corrosion on its 2nd Mot. Engine removed and stored for 30 years by its previous owner. I was looking forward to a fine project then a divorce caused its loss. Bugger!

Anyway, I'm searching again as I reckoned it was the finest power plant for a Roadster, but would like to know from Twin-Cam users what is their preferred installation from the flywheel back?

Cheers
    Scotty

Re: Twin Cam Questions.

Scotty,

Mine is as you say, Marina back end & Fiat engine/transmission. My Dad built it 15yrs back and it looks like he made an adapter plate to couple the propshaft to the box (if I recollect correctly - last time I was underneath that's what it looked like). Scone - if you're in Scone - you'd be welcome to pop over to Crieff & see it when I get it up on blocks over the winter.. in a month or so. However you might have to hunt high & low for a fiat twink - they are rareities now & when they do come up for sale they get a lot of attention from enthusiasts like yourself. You might have more scope if you look throughout Europe..?
    Best of luck!

Tony

Comment

Working...
    X