Roadster dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roadster dashboard

This thread is deeply upsetting..... it keeps reminding me that I'm not happy with my current dash and want to replace it.........

BTW love the looks of the Millie dash, definitely food for thought.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by 928cdu View Post
      Hi Angus, Do you have a brand for that spray, I could research it ? Thanks ..
      I deal with John mylands and morrells for my lacquer type them into Google and you will find them I think morrells have outlets all over the uk so there may be one near you. I don't use the PU much now because it stinks and it is a 2k which can be a bit nasty hence going over to water base but PU has been the best performing spray I have used.
      If you search for PU varnishes on eBay some do come up but not sure on quality.
      There is nothing wrong with the other options people have mentioned on here but would recommend a product specifically for wood, the finish needs to be semi flexable as timber is constantly moving and be carefull about the old finish reacting with the new.

Comment

For a 'Traditional' finish you could try one of the wood oils. I've finished a number of gunstocks [ mostly walnut, but also beech] with the likes of Phillips Walnut oil / Colron Antique oil and the like. All applied sparingly with the palm of the hand . The more coats the deeper the finish. Doesn't shrink / crack.

Comment

Another is Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil. I'm told its also popular in refinishing guitars etc.

Comment

Working...
          X