Immobiliser key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immobiliser key

My Hunter has factory fitted immobiliser which has the small plastic key which is inserted alongside the steering column every time you start the car I find mine have cracked and are broken at the point they attach the keyring Does anyone know where to get replacement plastic keys please as its very fiddly and i am sure to loose them at some point

Re: Immobiliser key

A common problem - I was feared that I would loose the fobs once they were no longer attached to the keyrings.
    I understand that replacements are no longer available (firm information required if any member knows for certain) but rather than taking out the whole immobiliser system I had a go fixing mine first.
    The units still worked OK with a fine but strong high grade stainless steel wire (taken from an industrial mesh filter in my case) wrapped into the groove where the two halves of the fob join. The ends of the wire were twisted together and formed into a loop to supplement the remains of the broken plastic attachment ring which I then filled with plastic metal and drilled to to enable the fobs to accompany the keys once again.
    Hope this helps!
    John

Comment

I have a factory fitted immobilizer as well but it is just standard keys which have the chip in them mmmm I will check them on my chip checker to see if it does have them

Comment

Many thanks I think the manufacturer has changed the design so no longer able to get the small thin fobs but thanks anyway

Comment

Is it possible to get the guy with the 3D printer (see slot cars) to come to the rescue (at a price of course) or is it too complex a shape. What is the shear strength of the resin used?

Comment

great idea i will look into it many thanks

Comment

Working...
            X