• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin Roadster 1.8 Marina Based for sale in Italy

No visible mark on the engine.
    In the 2007 english registration card is written 18V.E.H21960

Comment

If i recall correctly the engine number plate is behind the exhaust, low down on the engine crank case, on the sump flange.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Car SOLD!!!

I'd like to thanks all of you for your kind support to any kind of problems and request I've had in these 2 years.

You are a beautiful community of passionate people and I was proud to be a part of you in these yers.

I hope the new owner will join the club as I suggested to him.

A new project is coming for me in the world of classic car.

Regards

Simone

Comment

Originally posted by AdminUser View Post
          If the engine came from a marina it will probably be the 1695 (1.7 litre) but it could be a 2.0 litre (later). Are there marks on the engine? They aren't particularly powerful - about 90bhp??? but in a roadster will be quite spirited. Don't know much more about his engine but Im sure there are many on here who will be able to tell yo all you need to know
          Bit late to this conversation. If the engine came from Marina I think it would be a 1.3 or 1.8 engine, they also did the TC engine which was basically MGB but the head was different.
          The 1.7 or 2ltr was from the Ital which was ohc if memory serves.

Comment

Working...
          X