Changing an 'ini' to an 'outy'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing an 'ini' to an 'outy'

With all the hassle I have had over the past few months (and still not right) I wonder if it is worth abandoning my submersible fuel pump and filter and fitting external ones. Has anyone already done it and if so, what pump and what filter (currently on the end of the pump, I already have the main external filter)

My engine is the Ford 2.0 efi DOHC type N9

Re: Changing an 'ini' to an 'outy'

I have the same engine I replaced the original 20 year old external pump last year which did not have a filter between it and the tank

My tank has a swirl pool at the bottom, yours may not.

I purchased a Sytec OTP 019 around £100 I think

Comment

In replacing my old DOHC carb version of the same engine with a Zetec I had to fit a HP pump. Originally I had a low pressure pump just infront of the tank so I placed the HP pump on the engine bay bulkhead.
      I got a competition pump from Merlin (about £110) and made up a bracket. But it was very noisy with a high pitched whine. Quite annoying.
      I have repaced it with this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EFI-extern...53.m2749.l2649 which includes a mounting bracket. It is still noisy, but not as bad as the competition pump.

Comment

I have a 1.4 K series in my roadster. After a little research I opted for 'out'. I have an external swirl pot with a low pressure pump that circulates fuel from the tank through the swirl pot and back to the tank. I then have a high pressure pump for the fuel injection. This has worked well for more than 15 years.

Comment

BTW. All components are fitted in front of the fuel tank. The pumps can be heard when turning the key but not after the engine starts!

Comment

Working...
          X