X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster with automatic box on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162769471155?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

Quality description... you have to read it.

Classified ad £6,495

Re: Roadster with automatic box on eBay

Another O Series car with a 1.7’ but thinking its a 1.8!
    looks nice though.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

If its anything like some of the other tat he has peddled I doubt it, I have looked at a couple of them and they were poo expensive poo

Comment

I would like to see the 3 year old cars he's comparing them to. Must be ex-rental IMO.

It looks OK but its pretty serious money. Still its his car he can try and sell it for what he wants.

On a good note, I like the light blue, use to have a Dutton Melos in French racing blue, looked lovely. The Teal Bugatti also polishes up well in French Racing Blue.
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Given the price that our Italian member is looking for, for his O series Roadster, and the current value of the GDP, I would not be surprised if this car finds itself as an Ex-pat.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

This seller is such a chancer!!
            This car sold on eBay for £3000 buy-it-now on 21st November. So he literally added 2 horrendous bits of plastic to the bonnet (that's if they are even attached as they look like they are just placed on) and then DOUBLED the price.
            Original advert.....http://r.ebay.com/Fqsfcu

s-l1600.jpg
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

which is the right cc for the engine 1.8 or 2.0 I would guess 2.0 but the recent listing says 1.8 could be a innocent mistake but if I was selling a car I would make sure the correct cc is stated. The seller is not portrayed in the best light on mad about kit cars he is also trying to sell a moss monaco in bits.

Comment

If you look at the registration information online then you will see it is still registered as a 1.8. However, the 'O' Series came in both 1.7 and 2.0 litre capacities so I am guessing it has had an engine swap at some point and no one has bothered to tell the DVLA.
                The previous owner, who described it as a 2.0 litre is probably correct.
                Attached Files
                Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Yet if you you read some of his blurb its like he has owned cars for ever!! As I said I have wasted my time viewing some of his other cars expensive poo is the word from me

Comment

£3000 was a bargain, £6k is silly, and I'm sure that those members who have won best in shows in the last couple of years won't be chuffed to see it advertised as "the best" hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by AdminUser View Post
                      £3000 was a bargain, £6k is silly, and I'm sure that those members who have won best in shows in the last couple of years won't be chuffed to see it advertised as "the best" hmmm
                      You are so right I have looked at some of his tat and it is tat very overpriced tat!!

Comment

Wouldn’t mind the 250 superdream but it’s either over priced or seriously gaining value. I had the 400 and sold it for just under £500 nearly 20 years ago, if I still had it would definitely keep it.

Comment

Back up on eBay at £5,995: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Show-car-...IAAOSwaSZaFajE

Comment

In the title it says ‘best in UK’.
                            Really?

Comment

Looking at the jumble of untidy wires in the engine bay and the dirty state of the engine bay If this is the best in the UK mine must be one of the best in the known universe LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X