New Runcorn Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Runcorn Bridge

Wanted to visit my relatives who live in Widnes and decided to use the new Runcorn Widnes bridge, bite the bullet and pay the toll. (It use to me free).
    Trouble is there are no toll booths, cameras capture your reg, so you have to pay on line? All this new tech!
    That became a problem, the online system does not recognise my Q reg or list Marlin as a make? So
    I couldn't pay the toll.
    Do I drive across and wait for the fine?? Or be honest and point out their error?
    I believe the same company have a similar system in place on the Dartford Crossing.

I decided to delay using the bridge to another day.

Re: New Runcorn Bridge

I had a similar thing with an ANPR car park camera not recognizing an old style black and white classic number plate as I entered the car park. I found out on the the way out at the pay machine, I wasn’t listed as entering! A council attendant was on duty as it was the first day and he said it’s their problem...

I’d tell them but carry on driving...
    Last edited by David; 04-12-17, 07:29 PM.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Though we live in Wigan for family reasons we have a Dartford crossing account. I have yet to try adding my 'Q' registration - I think it will require a phone call.

The records behind ANPR may be up to date for the boys in blue, but Swansea then sells the details on - fine and dandy if purchasers update their data too. I had trouble in a municipal car park as the ticket machine would not initially accept my number (before going into 'overide mode' after requesting the number be repeated several times) some months after a (non-Q) age-related registation had been allocated to a vehicle that had previously carried a personalised plate.
      Just hoping that Big Brother's details have been updated!
      John

Comment

I use the Dartford toll that is just down the road and always pay by phone and the voice recognition system cant cope with the Q or Quebec so after a couple of attempts it finds a human to speak to.

Then the next question is what is a Marlin??
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

For your info, this is how to register on line.
          Enter your reg. no - Do Not Press 'Find Vehicle'
          Manually select: Class 2
          Make - either - Classic Custom
          - Classic Replicas
          - Others
          Model - type in what ever you want, they don't know.
          Colour - this does matter, as the auto system doesn't work it's one of the ways they use to identify your vehicle.

Good to know that all this new tech. ends up with a bloke looking at a picture?
          Not sure if this will work on Dartford crossing.

Have a Happy Marlin Xmas

Comment

It gets a bit worrying when they send the registered owner a penalty notice with a picture of their vehicle with its rear number plate because they didn't pay up.

The picture clearly shows the number plate bolted firmly to the back of a motor cycle !!!!!!!!!

Yep you've guessed it "motor cycles go free"
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Why am I not surprised...
              I've just been over it but paid on line the other day prior to going. Tried over 30 times to get onto the site and couldn't. No information to say website was down on their facebook page. Tried next day and managed to get sorted. The reviews of their website are really bad. Won't be in a hurry to use it again.

Comment

If they can't make it easy why struggle for them. My black and silver Landrover plates don't register at Sainsbury's. But did wonder about the Runcorn bridge, as yet I don't need to use it . A friend tries a web site once then waits for the 'Breach of contract penalty' civil cases are not fines. Then replies 'Website not working see you in court' . He has never had a reply,so far!

Comment

Glad I dont use Run-corn Bridge far too Northern for me, Besides if the bridge was down south it would no doubt work perfectly (joke) HA HA HA and your fines would be £80 to £150 just like NCP try to bully us into paying

Comment

Working...
                  X