• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrr 929 d

Hi All
    The Triumph Special is currently for sale at £5250
    (MG Car Club Mag. Dec 2017 page 97)

The other 'prototype' was a 4 cylinder Triumph Special built on a Herald/Spitfire base.
    I did own JRR for about 10 years, but only drove it to have its MOT test ( which it past)

I didn't get any where near £2000 for it!
    Attached Files

Re: Jrr 929 d

This was a missed opportunity for the club to own part of it's own history...
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Thought you would like to see it without the screen. I liked the look of it.
      Derek
      Attached Files

Comment

That’s does look good. Was the screen frame removable?
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

yep 4 bolts.

Comment

It appeared at the Charterhouse auction at the classic car show at Shepton mallet on Sunday 5th Nov. Entered by the current owner it failed to make any bids even when offered to start at £2000. The seller now has it advertised in various classic car mags.and papers (classic car weekly)

Comment

it would look amazing with aeroscreens.
              I guess the market finds its own level?

Comment

Agreed, would definitely look neat with aero's. I'd be tempted if the price was a little more sensible.
                2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

^ dip your toe in, make an offer!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdminUser View Post
                    it would look amazing with aeroscreens.
                    I guess the market finds its own level?
                    Agreed, if I'd seen that photo when it was for sale for <£2k on here I would have bought it, fitted aero screens and sold my MkII hybrid... would be a unique car, I've always fancied aero screen and goggle driving, mind you it's probably hell in reality!

Comment

To complete this thread, I just bought it!

Comment

That’s great news David. I am so glad it has stayed in the club. I can’t wait to see it with aero screens.
                        Paul

Comment

I’ve started a list of small jobs to do (like an indicator bulb, fuel pump mount etc) that have crept into it since Derek’s magnificent rebuild, will also have a few questions so I’ll start a new thread.

Comment

Any previous owners of JRR who can tell me what the left two of the three toggle switches do, and the what looks like a new chrome toggle switch far right side of the dashboard? Having a hard job tracing the wiring through.

Comment

I think Derek put a new wiring loom on her. I can't remember what the switches were for but the passenger used to have a heater and so did the driver. I sold it 2004 so memory not good now especially as Derek may have changed things.

Comment

Working...
                              X