Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Jrr 929 d

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
  1. #91 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Properly fitted the oil pressure gauge in the hole where the dead clock was today. Clock safely stored away. Been distracted with life for a few weeks...
    Definitely liking the old school vibe this is rocking. Making me reconsider my thoughts on burr walnut for mine..........
    Last edited by wiggiesworld; 21-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

2. #92 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by milliemarlin View Post
    Surely some mistake; working on JRR 292D is life. Everything else is a distraction.
    Paul
    I wish, but have to generate cash to do the work!
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

3. #93 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggiesworld View Post
    Definitely liking the old school vibe this is rocking. Making me reconsider my thoughts on burr walnut for mine..........
    Thanks, I like the style as well, so much so that I’ve just ordered a satin grey spoked and dark wood rim dished steering wheel to replace the Moto-Lita aluminium and light colored wood on there as there’s no other light wood on the car.

Will give me more ‘finger’ room behind the wheel if it’s dished and match the refurbed wheels which I’m also getting done grey rather than silver. Will be more in keeping with the pre-war Alfas... also need to start work on the frame for the aero screens soon.

Update: Steering wheel trial fitted.
    Last edited by David; 17-08-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

4. #94 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Aero Screens

Right, do I go round topped or squared off aero screens for JRR?

I’m thinking of bending up a frame that mounts on the existing windscreen holes and follows the scuttle, the same way the Caterhams do it. Then mounting the screens to that rather than making more holes in the scuttle.

Liz, what’s your preference :-)

David.
    Attached Images

5. #95 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Like the Alfa recreation but Curved top. That one seems to use chopped off screen pillars.

6. #96 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Personally I think it has to be the curved ones all day long.... in my eye they are more period correct. The following link will show why I think the rectangular ones may not look right, as ever only an opinion......

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1142904
    2000 Marlin Cabrio; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

7. #97 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member listerjp2's Avatar
    I agree, curved.

Adrian

8. #98 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Curved it is then!

9. #99 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Seats

I'm going to re-trim JRR's seats, does anyone remember if they were leather, vinyl or cotton for example originally? Any photos from the 70's that may give me clue as to the pattern and materials? This is how it currently looks.
    Attached Images

10. #100 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    aul made bucket seats with removable cushions so they could be taken out and not get wet. Derek fitted the seats which are in now. Liz