Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Jrr 929 d

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
  1. #131 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member listerjp2's Avatar
    Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Wheels are here!

Got the wheels back, I still need to get them balanced but a trial fit looks good.

2. #132 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Now need to black anodise the wheel nuts.........

I know, don't shoot me down, it just crossed my mind when I saw them fitted.......

Regardless, they look good, look to be a nice refurb.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

3. #133 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    They look like new. What sort of price were they for each wheel? I have 5 original Marina alloys that need doing, was going to do them myself but as far as I have got is having the tyres removed when I had new ones on my van.
    1275 Marina/Ital based LWB Roadster in the process of a ground up rebuild.

4. #134 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggiesworld View Post
    Now need to black anodise the wheel nuts.........

I know, don't shoot me down, it just crossed my mind when I saw them fitted.......

Regardless, they look good, look to be a nice refurb.
    I've been trying to find black wheel nuts, none yet, or stainless with at least aren't chrome. I may well try spraying my old set black, I know it'll come off first use of the wheel brace but then I can touch up!

Otherwise, yes next option was to try and get the new chrome ones anodised.
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

5. #135 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Quote Originally Posted by meverett View Post
    They look like new. What sort of price were they for each wheel? I have 5 original Marina alloys that need doing, was going to do them myself but as far as I have got is having the tyres removed when I had new ones on my van.
    There were Ā£50 each, blasted, checked for cracks and damage, tidied up, then powder coated. Tyres are Falcon's Ā£45 each. Slightly annoying that their wheel balancer wouldn't do 13" wheels!

http://www.planet-wheels.com

David.
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

6. #136 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Club Member
    Try ā€œblack wheel nut coversā€ on eBay I have no personal experience with them.
    Paul

7. #137 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Frost do a black 'coating' like anodising for steel. I have no experience of it.

8. #138 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Quote Originally Posted by milliemarlin View Post
    Try ā€œblack wheel nut coversā€ on eBay I have no personal experience with them.
    Paul
    Thanks, will have a look.

9. #139 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Quote Originally Posted by HairyDave View Post
    Frost do a black 'coating' like anodising for steel. I have no experience of it.

Good tip, will have a look when I've looked ta the V8 Sportster project... I wish I had the space and Ā£'s for that!

10. #140 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Quote Originally Posted by HairyDave View Post

Can chrome wheel nuts be anodised, or do I need to start with plain steel?

Found these at Canley Classics, pricey though, and not responding to emails about them.

https://www.canleyclassics.com/suspe...el-wheel-nuts/