Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Jrr 929 d

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member David's Avatar
    To complete this thread, I just bought it!
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

2. #12 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Club Member
    Thatís great news David. I am so glad it has stayed in the club. I canít wait to see it with aero screens.
    Paul

3. #13 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Iíve started a list of small jobs to do (like an indicator bulb, fuel pump mount etc) that have crept into it since Derekís magnificent rebuild, will also have a few questions so Iíll start a new thread.
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

4. #14 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Any previous owners of JRR who can tell me what the left two of the three toggle switches do, and the what looks like a new chrome toggle switch far right side of the dashboard? Having a hard job tracing the wiring through.

5. #15 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    I think Derek put a new wiring loom on her. I can't remember what the switches were for but the passenger used to have a heater and so did the driver. I sold it 2004 so memory not good now especially as Derek may have changed things.

6. #16 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Have you noticed the car has TWO heaters and an interior light. I suggest you RING ME!!

7. #17 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Quote Originally Posted by djj_engineer View Post
    Have you noticed the car has TWO heaters and an interior light. I suggest you RING ME!!
    Hi Derek, yes I will call with my list of questions soon, don't want to keep pestering you though

It was late when I posted that question, I'd just finished renewing the fuel pump mounts (one had split in two, a pain to do as a rivnut was spinning in its hole) and taken another look at those switches so blindly posted without considering you'd of course know.

Will call you today (Sunday).

Cheers,
    David.

8. #18 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Update - Indicators

I managed to find out with Paul (Moorehouse) help that they are Rubbolite No. 32 marked as 6200 (used old Foden commercials) and I found some on eBay so have bought a couple. I don't think we'll be needing the lenses but it's handy to have two rubber bases as the current items are cracking and going hard. Pics here. The dodgy indicator was just a badly connected bulb. All fixed now.

IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg
    IMG_2453.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2482.jpg

9. #19 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Update - Fuel pump mounts

One of the rubber cotton reel mounts had split in two. I found some Facet replacements so swapped out both while I was at it. The old ones are hexagonal plates attached to rubber which is great as you can get a spanner on them to get them off. The new ones will be harder to remove as they are round plates. As is often the case, the new stuff isn't as good as the old stuff. The mounts are attached with the threaded end going into a Rivnut and one of them decided to spin on me making the task harder than it needed to be.

I had to remove the 'glovebox' floor first which was a doddle, good piece of work that whoever made it.

IMG_2479.jpg
    IMG_2478.jpg
    IMG_2460.jpg
    IMG_2463.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg

10. #20 Re: Jrr 929 d 
    Quote Originally Posted by djj_engineer View Post
    Not called Derek yet as got a few things to put on the list this evening.

Did get the switches sorted out though. In the photo above, below the speedo they are, from the left;

- Passenger heater/fan
    - Driver side heater/fan
    - Interior light

The chrome switch on the right of the dash is for the cooling electric fan.

The fuse had blown on that heaters/wipers/washer circuit. I suspect because the electric fan live feed has been taken off the same circuit and I'm guessing adding the amperage up of all that is more than 20. The wiring diagram shows 10amp there anyway, so not sure why there's a 20 in there, I hope not just because someone thought they'd fix a blowing fuse by upping the rating!

I think the heater fans will be around 3-4amp, the wiper motor 1-2amp, probably a lot more (up to 10amp?) when it's 'stuck with ice' trying to move and then the electric fan switch will be drawing some although I see there's a relay there to kick in the high current feed so not too much. I've popped a 20amp back in, if it fails again I will have to get the meter out and read off the draw from each device then rethink. Maybe I need to fresh live feed independently fused for the electric fan/switch.
    Last edited by David; 04-11-2018 at 06:30 PM.