Mk 1 Marlin on Gumtree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk 1 Marlin on Gumtree

Afternoon all, recently listed on Gumtree is a part completed door less Triumph Spitfire based kit.
    The car is based in County Down in Ireland and the Ad Id Number is 1284656469.
    Hopefully, another early car found??

Re: Mk 1 Marlin on Gumtree

Can't seem to find that....any chance you could download pics etc and a contact so that I can chase it up

T I A DC

Comment

Comment

Thanks Martin

Comment

"Fantastic fun project. Easy build."

Comment

Would it be easier to register in Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
              Would it be easier to register in Ireland?
              Southern Ireland operate a Type Approval system remarkably similar to the IVA in the UK and other EU countries. Nothing easier about Eire, to my knowledge.

Legislation appears to be becoming Europe wide, as it should. Vehicles MOT’d in the UK often fail re registration procedures in Europe, nothing to do with the dreaded Brexit or alleged anti British (non existent in my experience) sentiment.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

It's still a surprise that these are still coming out of the wood work. A mk1 with no doors thats got to be from 77-79. The kit price then was about £7-800 if my brain recalls correctly, so zero inflation with running gear for free!!!

Comment

County Down was in the UK last time I was there - so it was.
                  Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeicester View Post
                    County Down was in the UK last time I was there - so it was.
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                      always remember n Ireland as fatlad {first letter of each county!)

Comment

Hello, I had just finished building my workshop when I spotted this only 10 miles down the road. It is now in said workshop while I do a lot of research, has never been on the road and will need IVA for Norn Iron as we call it here. The chasis number is 1131 020681 and the vin for the donor is 1965 have plates but no V5. My mechanical skills finish at changing water pump and setting points on my first mini in the 90s. I might be mad but the things we do to get out of the house and into our sheds. I'm sure I will have lots of questions as i get into the build, planning complete strip and build. Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the build manual? thanks Ally

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the info - that's another kit/chassis's whereabouts identified.

Join the MOC and build manuals are available for the download....and you'll also benefit from the vast knowledge base of our members

Contact me direct, e mail details are in Pitstop magazine and I can tell you what (if anything) we have in the archive about your car

Regards Dave Cunnington
                          Last edited by dcunn; 03-02-18, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X