New Tyre options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Tyre options?

Hi I know you have bought your tyres from your build diary but thought I would ask here what tyres you went for as I am about to order some new tyres for my berly and like yourself I am wondering the best size to go for. I have 205/70 r15 tyres at the moment but these have gone hard and I have my suspistions that these may be van tyres because when I look for new tyres van tyres are what come up mostly on my searches but if I go down a side wall size 205/65 r15 there is so much more choice.
    I think my choice at the moment are nankangs as they have performed well on my roadster. I think you went for toyos did you stay with the same size? and where did you purchase them from.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi there, I have just updated the long winded version of my progress on the tyres to my build diary. In the end I did indeed go with Toyo Proxes CF2 205/70 r15 tyres. Although technically for SUV use, Toyos are apparently softer than your average tyre brand which was a winner in my eyes for the exact same reason. I ordered mine from MyTyres and had them fitted locally, there's a website I used to compare sizes too, was really helpful - https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/ . All the best!

Comment

For me cheap tyres are like cheap brake pads a recipe for disaster only recognised when you can't stop in the wet as you rapidly approach the back axle of a truck who has pulled up a lot faster than you bye bye marlin

Comment

Working...
        X