Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressures

HI all
    I guess this has been asked before, but what tyre pressures do folk run their Cabrio's at? I run Toyo Proxes, 195/65/R15 and If I remember right the car weighs approx. 800kg. Any replies appreciated.
    Regards
    Barry

Re: Tyre pressures

Mark at Marlin recommended 18psi all round for my Hunter with 205/55 R16 Toyo Proxes T1R tyres. I pump them up to 19psi when they get down to 18psi during normal running. Any harder will make the car very skittish and uncomfortable.

An associated factor of course is shocks settings. Again Mark said use adjustable Gaz ones and start with them fully soft, then road test and gradually increase one click at a time until the "bounce" just disappears from front and back. My Gaz ones are currently set at just one click at the front and about four clicks at the rear. Peter.

Comment

We run 205/70/R15 at 20 front, 22 rear or 24 with caravan on. Cabrios weight are more like 950kg. We run with standard shock absorbers on the back.
      Doug

Comment

195/70/15 20psi front and rear. Standard shocks at the rear

Comment

Thanks every one, I'll try 20psi all round and see how that feels. Hope it doesn't snow tomorrow!!!
          Regards

Comment

Hi - I usually run at 22psi, as per FAQs. I'm sure that was the recommended value from Marlin at one time, but they might have changed their minds. Always a possibility!
            Dave

Comment

If you can find a nice smooth floor lay a length of old wallpaper in front of your car, then wipe damp sponge over your tread. Push the car a little way onto the paper. Congratulations you are now in the printing industry??????. Now you have an idea it's up to you to improve it.
              Look at the "print out" if the centre is too prominent the tyre is over inflated, the opposite is true, if the centre is barely visible but the edge is standing out, the tyre is under inflated, now run down to b&q and get the cheapest roll of wallpaper.

Next week we will be looking at how to check your tracking using a tape measure, a roll of masking tape and a pencil/biro.

Comment

That`s so simple and brilliant.Fantastic recommendation. On my floor now trying it out.

Comment

I built my car with the sole purpose that everything could be repaired or replaced by 1 man, from a bulb to the hydraulic concentric clutch slave in the type 9 bell housing.
                  It's called KISS, keep it simple stupid. So I did. Loads of other solutions on [email protected]
                  Save in you notes or file them under,Why didn't I think of that. Phil
                  Last edited by philcoyle; 27-02-18, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I have a Cabrio LWB fitted with a Ford 2l DOHC engine, the total weigh of car is 960kg.
                    the tyres are Pirelli P6000, 205/55/16 and talking to Mark at Marlins a few years ago
                    years ago , he suggested that the fronts should be 22psi and the rears 21psi.
                    hope that helps.
                    Regards
                    Stewart

Comment

Working...
                    X