Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Road Vehicles, improving air quality and safety-Gov.UK

I found this:
    Date of first use is as defined in Regulation 3(3) of the Road vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations.
    3) For the purpose of these Regulations, the date on which a motor vehicle is first used is—
    (a) in the case of a vehicle not falling within sub-paragraph (b) and which is registered, the date on which it was registered;
    (b) in each of the following cases—
    (i) ......

(v) a vehicle which has been used otherwise than on roads after being sold or supplied by retail and before being registered;

In sub-paragraph (b) (v) of this paragraph “sold or supplied by retail” means sold or supplied otherwise than to a person acquiring it solely for the purpose of resale or re-supply for a valuable consideration.

The more regulations I read the less I seem to understand!

Does driving my car up and down my short driveway count as used otherwise than on roads?
    Paul
    Last edited by milliemarlin; 05-03-18, 08:10 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by milliemarlin View Post
      I found this:
      Date of first use is as defined in Regulation 3(3) of the Road vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations.
      3) For the purpose of these Regulations, the date on which a motor vehicle is first used is—
      (a) in the case of a vehicle not falling within sub-paragraph (b) and which is registered, the date on which it was registered;
      (b) in each of the following cases—
      (i) ......

(v) a vehicle which has been used otherwise than on roads after being sold or supplied by retail and before being registered;

In sub-paragraph (b) (v) of this paragraph “sold or supplied by retail” means sold or supplied otherwise than to a person acquiring it solely for the purpose of resale or re-supply for a valuable consideration.

The more regulations I read the less I seem to understand!

Does driving my car up and down my short driveway count as used otherwise than on roads?
      Paul
      I would surmise that that category is included for agricultural or construction vehicles purchased with no intention of it ever being used on open public roads, where it will similarly be exempt from taxation or regular vehicle inspections.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Since my V5 shows no emmisions data whatsoever it still is open to interpretation. Quote from the new manual.
        "Kit cars
        and amateur built vehicles
        first used on or after 1 August 1998
        are required to obtain
        either Single Vehicle Approval (SVA) or Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) and should be tested to
        the limits stated on the vehicles registration document (V5c). Where no
        limits are stated on the
        registration document, normal limits must be applied relative to the vehicles date of first use."
        Now given a car, passed IVA in, say 2009, using a 1990 donor, and given an age related registration, was it 'first used' in 1990, or 2009?

If that rule about testing an engine to its manufacture date is removed then I presume your first use 2009 car will have to pass 2009 emissions REGARDLESS of what engine is fitted.
        The age related number is, in this case, a red herring, as the first use relates to the complete vehicle.
        Personal opinion of course!

Comment

Good news.
          Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Comment

Was just about to post the same Scott.. Indeed good news for all of us.

Comment

Stumbling around in the dark
              Marina based SWB roadster
              Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Good news indeed. Lets hope the current draft mot manual is updated to match, at the moment pre 98 cars are fine, treated as first use pre 75 so visual only but post 98 first use are emmisions as per date of registration, which would always be a cat emission test.

John

Comment

Phew!
                  Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X