Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

An article in the Landrover Ser3 club mag. A lapsed member contacted the club to renew their membership and wanted it backdating 4 years! They had had an accident and the insurance co wanted details of their membership, or no insurance! The club would not do it. Oh S##t

Re: Insurance

I worry that some ex-MOC members may still be claiming club discount after their membership has lapsed. It is easy to forget to tell your insurance company.

I don’t think the Land Rover club could backdate membership. They would risk prosecution by the insurance company.
    Paul

Comment

The insurance companies terms and conditions would seem rather harsh

Difficult to see how being a member or not, had a direct effect on the unfortunate accident

Comment

Failure to disclose so no need to pay! You get a discount for being a club member,The S3 club would not backdate, why should they, club subs are not that onerous.

Comment

My insurance broker asks for a copy of the membership cert every year.

There are quite a few things the insurance company should be kept up to date about(points, accidents with other vehicles you own, health problems etc etc!!!! and if you don't then there is always the chance your insurance is void !!
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Agree points on licence indicate speeding offence or careless driving etc, accidents indicate errors etc and health problems, all may have an adverse effect on driving capabilities

Club membership or not, not in the same category in my humble opinion

Certainly the S3 club should not backdate a membership, a legal minefield I would imagine

It may be that the insurance has carried on with the insured as a member of a club when he may not still be, possibly a member of another club who knows

I must admit I would may be have failed to notify an insurer if I had ceased to be a member of a club, although I would regarding points, accidents and health issues looks like I need to check what else my insurers may need to know

Comment

If the insurance company thinks you should have told them ,after an accident is a bit late. If you have an accident that is not your fault and you are not claiming for your premium may/will go up because they say you are statistically more likely to have another accident .
              ' My father never had an accident but he saw lots in is mirror!'

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                An article in the Landrover Ser3 club mag. A lapsed member contacted the club to renew their membership and wanted it backdating 4 years! They had had an accident and the insurance co wanted details of their membership, or no insurance! The club would not do it. Oh S##t
                Seems fair to me.
                Make a false declaration, and then try to falsify the history!
                Two errors.
                Would be surprised if the insurance company in question don’t decline reinsurance.
                Unsurprisingly another false declaration might be made.
                No sympathy from me!
                MOC member since 05/97
                1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                X