Un started Roadster kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un started Roadster kit

Did anyone see the program Shed and Buried (Travel Channel Ch. 42) 8:50 - 9:25

Some old chap in Cornwall has horded masses of old car and bike stuff in a number of sheds and there under it in one was a Roadster kit (may have been a rolling chassis - hard to tell) still in the white primer. It might be one of the missing kits

Re: Un started Roadster kit

I think that is an old episode, I noticed the Marlin when I first seen it and also live in Cornwall. Wish I knew where it was, could jump in my van and pay him a visit too.

Comment

Yes, I believe a 2016 programme.

Marina based Roadster, here are two screen shots, no idea which chassis - or what has happened to it
      Attached Files

Comment

You are quite right - it was Series 2 episode 3. The guys name is Peter Bullen and he is keen on trialling. He has or had a Dellow. Not on the Dellow register. He has entered trials in the Cornwall and Devon area so perhaps someone can track him down from that (I am backing out now)

Comment

Don't have the name in the Roadster database, meverett do you wanna play detective ?
          Rgds DC

Comment

Here’s three possibilities gleaned from a Google search. Which I find a bit scary!
            Paul
            Attached Files

Comment

Got a gut feeling it will be the Redruth one. Not too far from me. I could ring around a bit but the last time I tracked down a Marlin it came back with quite a sad story about the owner and car.

Comment

If its the same man thats interested in Trials that include motorcycles then his town is listed as Redruth competitor number 69
                Last edited by b_caswell; 24-03-18, 07:15 PM.
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

A Peter Bullen is also mentioned in “Truro and District Motor Club” Coast to Coast Tour Report 2016.

Perhaps, he could be contacted through the club. An open letter addressed to the club? I can see a PitStop article in the making.
                  Paul

Doh! Just re-read it and it refers to Elliot Bullen. Relation?
                  Last edited by milliemarlin; 25-03-18, 07:36 AM. Reason: Wrong Bullen

Comment

I find it even more scarey that our web admin, often keen on personal data security etc. should publish possible Marlin owners data on an open forum.
                    For someone so protective of members data, he circulates others data quite freely. It strikes me as being hypocritical, even when such data is available elsewhere for public consumption, the link to possible Marlin ownership is not, until now. It won’t take the Google Bots long to make the connection.

The final irony is that our web admin is so keen on the protection of his own personal data, that he is the only committee member not to publish his home address in Pitstop.

Double standards?
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi Steve,
                      Thanks for your post. Sorry to have scared you.

You are right I am very keen on personal data security etc. I would never publish anyone’s personal information. I may copy information from publicly available sources for reference. The link to possible Marlin ownership is on a number of web pages and of course in a publicly broadcast program.

My home address is available on request should anybody be interested. I think it is most appropriate to contact me, as a web administrator, through the web.

I hope this puts your mind at rest.
                      Paul

Comment

The Google search only gives partial data not a full address. You can request a full address but I think you have to pay and give your full details.
                        The paper phone book gives full address and that has been given to every address in the UK for that area unless you are registered as ex-directory. Not sure if the book is still delivered as can’t remember if I had one this year.

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
                          Got a gut feeling it will be the Redruth one. Not too far from me. I could ring around a bit but the last time I tracked down a Marlin it came back with quite a sad story about the owner and car.
                          I have just sent you a PM

Best of luck

Comment

Thanks Keith, I will contact him over the weekend and try to arrange a visit, will let you know how I get on.
                            Cheers, Martin.

Comment

So been down to see Frank from this episode of Shed and Buried.
                              After fighting through the Sunday traffic going into Truro decided to take a few short cuts, so did everyone else then almost getting lost on the narrow lanes eventually found him.
                              Interesting, he is now semi retired and has helped out in a few tv shows with some engineering and fabrication.
                              He owns two Roadsters, the white one starred in the show and now has a Triumph straight six in it now and the red one has the 1.8 B series. Unfortunately there are no chassis number tags on either of them. Photos attached.
                              I think the white one is still registered as a Triumph but the red one is correctly registered with the original donor vin plate.
                              DC, be interesting what you can find out about them as I promised to let Frank know any history we could find out.
                              The shed is a real Aladdin’s cave with parts of old land rovers and most old car parts piled high. It would take an age to go through that lot.
                              E3FE42A8-66B9-4156-9077-AA738FFCCB2F.jpeg

39B9C49E-0192-4330-AA39-0CA27A654081.jpeg

A1B1C3BC-9701-4AE9-8EAE-D12C97BFF9C2.jpeg

69515C16-8154-4163-BF04-3BF96E9CDEA0.jpeg

D4D5DCB4-8FB7-4245-A69D-E91213722A1A.jpeg

5A2AC0BB-0B74-4B14-B9BC-6EC6C9B7D175.jpeg

E1A819F5-F6CE-4B58-AF4E-192C9E84F2E9.jpeg

03694BCD-9CCE-4D88-B3D7-901B0CCEED22.jpeg

And of course his beloved Royal Enfield.

1F4CD980-D22F-4386-B996-63C1272CC540.jpeg
                              Last edited by meverett; 15-04-18, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X