Roadster Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Hood

I need a hood for my SWB Roadster. I have a Cant Rail and Hood Frame. Do not need sidescreens.

Even a worn out one will do as a pattern....

Someone said Lee's wife could make them - how would I get in touch?

Thanks,

Pete

Re: Roadster Hood

If anyone can make a tanaeu cover for a SWB Roadster I'd be interested in having one made
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
      If anyone can make a tanaeu cover for a SWB Roadster I'd be interested in having one made

Perrenial question.

There are few trimmers around these days. I know one in Swansea that I would personally recommend, but not for a marlin. It seems to me that, as a kit car, not a production car, detail is everything with the pre-existing positioning of fasteners etc. it’s not simple.

But these days, with the gradual decline of kit cars, the best route is probably the marine suppliers or with canal boats and leisure craft.
      You are looking at, at least £500, and leaving the car for for a pattern for a week.
      Last edited by stevejgreen; 03-04-18, 03:42 PM.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

"Pipers" at Sparkford made my tonneau cover.
        Good but £200+ - you,ll feel very small and cheap when you see what OTHER cars they are trimming !

Comment

Have you tried https://www.carhood.com/contact-us/?

2 people I know have used them for their MX5 replacement roofs and have been very pleased with the results.

Alternatively search for a company that makes roofs for a car wwith a similar type of roof such as for example, Morgan, Dutton, Westfield&, Caterham7's etc.

Although obviously the dimensions will be different, they will at least be used to making this sort of thing and might be able to do it without a pattern if you left the car with them.
          Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 07-04-18, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X