Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Hunter for sale

On behalf of Kenny Baker:
    MARLIN HUNTER - In exceptional condition throughout - factory built at a cost of £21000 by Marlin Cars – metallic grey, with grey leather interior – 2 litre Ford dohc injection 135bhp engine, MT75 five speed gearbox – s/s exhaust – AVO shox - MOT August 2018 – Electric windows – heater – full instruments – fog/reversing lights - immobiliser – 14000 miles – full service records – Kenwood radio/CD – mohair hood and hood cover – wool carpets - Alloys – spare wheel - tool kit, jack, spares etc - further photos on request - £11250. 0208 6515711 – [email protected]
    Attached Files

Re: Marlin Hunter for sale

Lovely car worth every penny

Comment

I agree it's a nice looking example but for me it's not worth that sort of figure.

Comment

I agree it is a real car rather than a kit, but you never know someone might make an offer

Comment

It's also been on e bay at that price - no takers it appears.

Comment

Looking at the owners e bay history he's had a couple of Cobra reps and a Royale Sabre. I think this is the same gent that bought Peter Gilberts Cosworth Cabrio [ex Lee Hunter].
            Therein lies a story!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
              I agree it is a real car rather than a kit, but you never know someone might make an offer
              Whats the difference ??
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Official factory installed issues??????

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
                  Whats the difference ??
                  In the registration doc [V5] it says declared new at first registration and its built of all new parts, in my case ford powertrain products booklet and a plate on the bulkhead. Cabrios could have 200K miles on the oily bits before someone uses them to make a kit car

Comment

Have to say that I have had a quick look and I can buy an old Morgan for minimum £18k, to start spending. I would look in the Hunters direction every time. The Marlin problem is the Company, it has done little to market the cars and raise the profile of the marque. That seems to be down to owners I think, and as the car becomes better known, the price and return will rise, just my opinion.
                    I know that builders do not think about return, if they did the kits would be in the box still, but some of the cars, all kit cars, about are beautiful and the prices asked do not reflect the value, unless it's got Cobra in the name.
                    Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
                    I agree it's a nice looking example but for me it's not worth that sort of figure.

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
                      In the registration doc [V5] it says declared new at first registration and its built of all new parts, in my case ford powertrain products booklet and a plate on the bulkhead. Cabrios could have 200K miles on the oily bits before someone uses them to make a kit car
                      Do you believe Marlin installed new engines? - and gearboxes?!!

Comment

My Hunter (I am the 3rd user) came with the Powertrain Products brochures for both the Rover 3.9i engine and the R380 Gearbox. Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Do you believe Marlin installed new engines? - and gearboxes?!!
                          Yes to put it simply you bought the engine and box and get the plate and the booklet for it. I have the original price list for everything on the Hunter even my chrome door handles were an extra over black ones.
                          Also if you are declaring a new car as they did it really cant be secondhand bits can it?

Comment

The asking price for this Hunter has now been reduced to £9995.

Comment

On behalf of Kenny Baker (note the reduced asking price):
                              MARLIN HUNTER - In exceptional condition throughout - factory built at a cost of £21000 by Marlin Cars – metallic grey, with grey leather interior – 2 litre Ford dohc injection 135bhp engine, MT75 five speed gearbox – s/s exhaust – AVO shox - MOT August 2018 – Electric windows – heater – full instruments – fog/reversing lights - immobiliser – 14000 miles – full service records – Kenwood radio/CD – mohair hood and hood cover – wool carpets - Alloys – spare wheel - tool kit, jack, spares etc - further photos on request - £9995 0208 6515711 – [email protected]
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X