Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Hello! I already have too many questions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: Hello! I already have too many questions! 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member stevepritch's Avatar
    Hello Charlie

What do you intend to do with the Berli? It certainly does not look as if it has been rotting away, polished up nicely.

2. #12 Re: Hello! I already have too many questions! 
    forum contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by stevepritch View Post
    Hello Charlie

What do you intend to do with the Berli? It certainly does not look as if it has been rotting away, polished up nicely.
    Hi,

I must say that the pictures are a flattering of her, In person she is a bit rougher around the edges. Well my plans currently are to get her mechanically perfect. The engine is now rebuilt and the wiring to come next week. Then I think I'd just like to enjoy her for a while, after spending more than I paid for her already in work it will be nice to make it worth while by driving her all summer. I also need to take the side runners off as there is some rust creeping up below the doors, after looking at some pictures it seems to be one of the few places Berlinettas get rust. Longer term would be a full nut and bolt restoration. With the engine only needing aesthetic work (painting/chroming) and the wiring all done; it should be a pretty straight forward aesthetic restoration. I no idea why colour to paint her yet. Interior wise I will completely rebuild the dash etc, new carpet and the seats im not sure about. They are blue and immaculate but I think they're quite limiting as it would be tricky to get an exterior colour to go well with them.

So lots to do. Before I even embark on the nut and bolt restoration I would like to by a Roadster, so if anyone you know is selling one in any state then I'd be interested!

many thanks