Classic Car Events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Car Events.

This year I am so proud and delighted at the number of events that usually only accept "vintage & classic" cars which have accepted us to exhibit our YKC Julietta. At the events we have attended thus far we have been very well received, often receiving more visitors than the vehicles parked adjacent to us.
    When I make an application to take part along with the application form I enclose a letter explaining why I think the car is of sufficient interest and that I have owned the engine and gearbox from new since 1983.
    We really enjoy these event and having a car registered in 2003 in amongst pre war cars and in one instance a car over 100 years old is rather satisfying.

Re: Classic Car Events.

I have to agree, I've been taking mine to 'classic' events for a few years now and always get accepted. I think being 25-30+ years old now the (sometimes younger) people running these events just see them as any other classic which is what they are.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Moll and I are doing our bit. We are in pride of place at the Shetland Classic Car Show. Visitors enjoy a chat and quite a few know of Marlins cars. I make sure that the information card always says "CLASSIC" self built car !!
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
        Moll and I are doing our bit. We are in pride of place at the Shetland Classic Car Show. Visitors enjoy a chat and quite a few know of Marlins cars. I make sure that the information card always says "CLASSIC" self built car !!
        IMG_20180602_0938358.jpg
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

If an MGF is a classic then so is a Marlin of any description, in spades! The more we get our cars into classic shows the better as far as I can see, so good one!

Comment

Working...
          X