• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's something different

YKC Kit Car.

Ebay Number 132614213811

Re: Here's something different

Taste is personal but reading through the list of mods made is where I would start undoing things! Still, looks unique.

Comment

"I've replaced a lot of parts to improve the car and make it look nicer..." All in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Comment

If it’s YKC’s first try at something radical, it still has its roots in a Roadster.
        The reaction, explains even more why the 5exi was regected by the MOC. You don’t like radical change.

its still a Marlin, just not your Marlin.

Comment

Steve

I was just saying it was different I wasn't knocking it.

Adrian

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
          If it’s YKC’s first try at something radical, it still has its roots in a Roadster.
          The reaction, explains even more why the 5exi was regected by the MOC. You don’t like radical change.

Comment

Its nothing to do with something being allegedly 'radical' or not, it all comes down to personal taste on how you react to something.

Sometimes things can be done differently because they are intended to provoke a reaction, they are there to challenge peoples perception of how things have been done to date. Alternately it can be because it's just the way the builder chose to do things, he probably doesn't see it as radical, end of.

However, to then go on to state that because people comment about it then the MOC doesn't like radical change is just complete bull.

For the record and for what its worth:
            1. I quite like the exhausts however in my opinion being angled as they are looks a bit contrived. If they had been parallel to the chassis I think it would have looked better.
            2. I think the roll-cage looks great though the jury is out on using a perspex screen, I'm not convinced on its overall practicality; aero-screens would have looked better.
            3. The position of the rear wings just doesn't do it for me, it just looks too much like someone wasn't paying attention when they were fitted and fitted them incorrectly. I'm surmising they were trying to mimic the look of the wings but it hasn't paid off.

Its still a Marlin but at that price I don't see it ever becoming my Marlin.
            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

This car looks very much like the( YKC Raider) that former YKC company owner Don Burt put together for himself for hill climbing.
              For the record the MOC did not reject the 5EXI. All Marlin derived cars have been made welcome during my membership (30plus years)

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                YKC Kit Car.

Ebay Number 132614213811
                That is a head Turner, great look very 'street' like it.

Comment

A Marmite car, I'm not keen on the roll cage, but if you have 12+K and you like it buy it and enjoy it. Kit cars and specials are beauty in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

I actually like it, and don’t mind the cage. Not keen on the exhausts though, I’d get the pipes closer together. Price is way up there though!
                    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

<snip> the 5exi was regected by the MOC. <snip>
                      I reject your regection! There were two 5exis at Stoneleigh both were most welcome both attended both days so they couldn’t have been too disappointed in day one. They spent a lot of time talking to members with other cars and aided a good few members with 5exis in construction.

As for the eBay YKC car it is a unique distinctive car and I like unique distinctive cars. It looks very well constructed.
                      Paul

Comment

This is an important car in the YKC development history of the original Marina based Roadster.
                        This car is the development mule for the sierra chassis and I believe was Don's personal hill cliimb car for a while. This was the car that they used to tune the handling and ride characteristics.
                        The car was sold on eBay a year or so ago for around £3000 if my poor anf fading memory serves me right.
                        Here are some pictures of the car when it was last for sale.

ykc Roadster Dev3.jpgykc Roadster Dev5.jpgykc Roadster Dev10.jpgykc Roadster Dev2.jpg
                        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Originally posted by milliemarlin View Post
                          I reject your regection! There were two 5exis at Stoneleigh both were most welcome both attended both days so they couldn’t have been too disappointed in day one. They spent a lot of time talking to members with other cars and aided a good few members with 5exis in construction.

As for the eBay YKC car it is a unique distinctive car and I like unique distinctive cars. It looks very well constructed.
                          Paul
                          I used the past tense. It’s nice to see, presently, a few 5exi in the club.

Has the MOC got a strategy to attract the many 5exi builders who have made their home at the madabout forum?

Also nice to see you pick me up on a typo error. I will be reading your posts a little differently in future.

Comment

Just love the looks of the green version........
                            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

My roadster will have a re-design to have cycle wings and a s/s exhaust to exit the Nissan turbo engine. I would have left it as it is with the interest I get but with stones and wet being a problem while driving it will have to change for next year. If anyone could assist with info or support parts for the wings to be fitted on Sierra running gear I would be very interested to hear your views.
                              DSCN9535.JPG
                              DSCN9924.JPG

Comment

Working...
                              X