pinto cam belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinto cam belt

How often should you change a pinto cam belt?

Re: pinto cam belt

The original guidance was iirc every 60k miles, but to put that in context the first vauxhall engines with cambelt had no recommendations over intervals because back in the day it was thought the belts would last the life of the engine. Subsequently the manufacturers gave arbitrary belt change intervals to avoid warranty claims when it became clear they didn't last for ever! Typical intervals were around 40k.
    For what they cost and how easy they are to do, and for peace of mind I would do one every three years or 30k. I always change them on every car I get just for safety.

Comment

The original guidance was iirc every 60k miles, but to put that in context the first vauxhall engines with cambelt had no recommendations over intervals because back in the day it was thought the belts would last the life of the engine. Subsequently the manufacturers gave arbitrary belt change intervals to avoid warranty claims when it became clear they didn't last for ever! Typical intervals were around 40k.
      For what they cost and how easy they are to do, and for peace of mind I would do one every three years or 30k. I always change them on every car I get just for safety.

Comment

About every five years or roughly 18000 miles. Its not a big job.

Comment

Working...
        X