Compomotive wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compomotive wheels

Saw these on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123144462864?ul_noapp=true.

I messaged the seller and these are 95.25mm PCD.

Might be of use to somebody, I was tempted myself but could not justfy the expense as only two of my new tyres would fit and I paid good money to have my current KN Diamond wheels refubished. I am not overly keen on the offset of the KNs hence my interest in these.

Derek
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Re: Compomotive wheels

When I spoke to Compomotive a while back, they said that Front wheel drive cars have a different Offset to Rear wheel drive. As these are off a Metro( FWD car) . If anyone is considering buying them , it would be a good idea to pop over to see if they will actually fit your car.
    Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 05-06-18, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Re: Compomotive wheels

Originally posted by Ye Ol Ripper View Post
      When I spoke to Compomotive a while back, they said that Front wheel drive cars have a different Offset to Rear wheel drive. As these are off a Metro( FWD car) . If anyone is considering buying them , it would be a good idea to pop over to see if they will actually fit your car.
      Too late now auction has finished, but the Metro has a different PCD to a Marina so not suitable anyway.

It’s been discussed to death, but the limiting factor on a Marina based cars, nominally 1/2” offset, is the steering upright, and the distance between the tyre and the steering arm. Anything bigger than a 185 profile tyre becomes suspect, as there are significant differences between different tyre manufacturers.
      The rear is generally an open door almost everything with a Marina/Small Triumph/ Maestro/MGF PCD will fit but Maestro/MGF offsets are much larger, so no good without spacers on the front.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
      X