Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Scotland

Hello everyone

Im totally new to the scene-just bought a berlinetta based on a 1971 cortina 1600 pinto engine( I know the 2ltr a better engine). I am totally new to kit cars classic cars etc so please excuse me if in future I ask some questions and we get the " I cant believe he asked that".

I do have couple friends that are mechanics and one of them actually served their time working on pinto engines. The car I have bought has alot still to do with the interior, I have a few ideas, but would always appreciate thoughts suggestions etc. Once the car is actually here at my home I will take some pics and go from there.

I believe the car is known to members as it was previously down in Sevenoaks, Kent and belonged to a Dr.

Thanks for reading and look forward to participating in the club

Richard

Re: Newbie in Scotland

Welcome to the club Richard,
    You will always get good advice on here.
    Check out the gallery for some ideas of interior.

Comment

Richard, welcome to the club. Never be concerned about asking any questions on the forum as you will always get good friendly advice from members who between them have a wealth of knowledge on all the Marlin models.

Comment

Welcome to the club from a fellow Scottish Berlinetta owner. You will find lots of information on this forum, there is a section dedicated to the Berlinetta, and some of the build diaries are also of Berlinettas. Don't be afraid to ask anything you are not sure of.

Regards Scott.

Comment

Welcome Richard, fellow Scottish owner but of the Roadster variety.

Derek
          Stumbling around in the dark
          Marina based SWB roadster
          Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Hi Richard, I hope you enjoy finishing the car, You will get plenty of help on here. I have kept spares for the Berlinetta for many years so don't be stuck if you find you need something. Did you get a build manual with the car. I know it is fitted with a 1600 cc OHV engine and 4 speed box, and fitted with a soft top. Good luck keep in touch.

Comment

Working...
            X