Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin History .. one pager ?

Hi,
    Have been invited to display my car at local village fete this weekend among other classics .I thought it would be good to do a "one page brief history of the Marlin' and stick it on the screen to get a bit of interest.

I realise there is an excellent detailed history on the website, but feel it's a bit too much in this situation.

Is there a document someone can send me that they've used for a similar purpose ? I can modify it accordingly.

Alternatively I'll set about one myself.

I remember Terry Matthews talking about getting Marlin's accepted as classics, so am trying to do my bit !

ATB .. Rich
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Re: Marlin History .. one pager ?

Marlin Sportscars - New Ownership New ownership for Marlin Cars, the 5EXi and Avatar Sportscars This year on the 14th April 2021 it has been seven years since Mark's passing. As always I spent the day reflecting on all the memories that we had created during our 30 years together and as you would expect,

could help
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I’ve only had the Hunter ‘on the road’ for 220 miles so far (I hate to estimate the £/mile cost) but I find whenever I park up for a few minutes ‘someone’ will always amble over to discuss /admire/remark/praise the car – (He said ‘preening’ himself).

I keep an A4 laminated sheet, which fits to the passenger window.

The opening line is “No actually I’m NOT a Morgan” and a very brief description of the car follows.

If you do come up with a Marlinised version (I’d also like to boost 'Marlins' & Terry’s business) do please post it here.

Cheers,
      Colin
      Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Hello

If someone has / prepares a one page Marlin information I would be more than happy to get a copy. Of course I'll give the copyright to the right person...
        I'm about to start a long run and will not be able to prepare it myself before.
        Kind regards
        Roman

Comment

Working...
        X