What battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What battery

Have had to replace the battery on the hybrid with Triumph bulkhead and the battery sits behind the heater.

Using the ref numbers from the existing I bought a direct replacement different make. Problem is its just that bit taller and the posts will come into contact with the bonnet.

Any suggestion or other application ref etc would be appreciated.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Re: What battery

Hi Ben,
    Try Tanya Batteries. The link below is a tool for putting in the size of your battery, etc, and it'll give you all the batteries that should fit. I've used them and the service was very good. Quick delivery. Think I got the link from an earlier post on this site??
    Gareth.

Use our battery wizard to determine the correct battery for you. Simply enter dimensions and optionally terminal type and terminal layout to be presented with matching batteries.

Comment

I had a the opposite in that when I bought a replacement battery using the reference number it was shorter than the original. I had a Varta and replaced it with a Lion from ECP. Perhaps you could check there.
      Stumbling around in the dark
      Marina based SWB roadster
      Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

I bought a battery from Tayna & their service was 5*; nothing less than perfect.. the battery was not for the Marlin though..

Comment

+1 for Tayna.
          I ended up with a Caterham battery as a replacement for an RMD item.
          Would never have thought about searching under Caterham without the ability to search by size and post-type on the Tayna website.
          Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
          Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

+2 for Tayna
            Bought several from them and can't fault their system and service.

Comment

Hi Ben, I recently (OK two years ago) purchased one from Halfords that fitted my Triumph based Roadster just fine .. if want to go down the conventional route , I'll find the model no.out for you ? It was rated for a Vitesse I'm pretty sure.

Although I'm sure the suggestions above would be even neater.
              Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
              Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Originally posted by element View Post
                I bought a battery from Tayna & their service was 5*; nothing less than perfect.. the battery was not for the Marlin though..
                +1 here...
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I have always used Battery Megastore Tewkesbury

Comment

Should have asked before getting involved with the local motor factors, so thanks for the suggestions but
                    to avoid a credit note I finally went with a compromise that I hope will work. The replacement battery will fit
                    but the posts are reversed so will have to play with the leads tomorrow Fingers crossed.

Thanks Chaps
                    Ben
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I have always used[ over the past 8 years the local small battery maker/shop who are always willing to check your battery whilst in the car, also alternators, starter motors etc and do a very quick and reliable rebuild service. They make their own batteries and make sure the battery posts are on the required side, and also whether they are at the front or back. The shop is a small family run father and son firm, Bridgwater Battery Centre, David.

Comment

Working...
                      X