• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MOT

That's what I intend to do .

Adrian

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
    Drive it, enjoy it, paint it some other time.

Comment

That's it prioritise.

Adrian

Originally posted by meverett View Post
      Thanks Adrian, looking great and enjoy.
      I am nearly ready to fire up the engine for the first time in god knows how many years. Dash all wired up as is the engine. Just enough power in the battery to turn it over a few times to check for a spark and oil pressure light to go out. New battery and plumb the fuel then fingers crossed fire her up, not for long though as no cooling system plumbed in yet.
      I am enjoying the rebuild as much as I will (eventually) driving it.
      Get the World Cup out of the way then I will get back out there.

Comment

One last bit of indulgence.

20180628_163752.jpg20180628_163804.jpg20180628_163817.jpg20180628_163831.jpg20180628_163956.jpg20180628_164010.jpg20180628_164036.jpg

Comment

Great work Adrian, reminds me of PKK, also a 1300 Marina based car.
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Cheers

Originally posted by David View Post
            Great work Adrian, reminds me of PKK, also a 1300 Marina based car.

Comment

Looking good Adrian,
              It is surprising how we both have the Marina 1275 based and how they differ through different ideas, makes them unique to the builder. I see you have bypassed the heater matrix. I was thinking about just fitting a fan and do away with the heater.
              Is your gear linkage working well? Did you come up with an idea for the bump stop on the front suspension?
              Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Different garage, brief discussion with the staff, MOT test pass with no advisories. Phew!

Comment

My Hunter passed its MOT this morning it was put on emissions and passed as a 1997 registered car no problems, it had no advisories but then again its only done 36k and 1000 miles in the last year so I shouldnt be surprised

Comment

Taking each one separately

I have bypassed the heater matrix because I haven't decided yet where the heater controls should be, in any case I shouldn't need it for Le Mans

It is suprising how positive it is. I think it's brill but then again I did make it

Bump stop not yet.

Had to replace the starter motor today as much as I hit it the bendix it would not return, working fine now.

Adrian

Originally posted by meverett View Post
                    Looking good Adrian,
                    It is surprising how we both have the Marina 1275 based and how they differ through different ideas, makes them unique to the builder. I see you have bypassed the heater matrix. I was thinking about just fitting a fan and do away with the heater.
                    Is your gear linkage working well? Did you come up with an idea for the bump stop on the front suspension?
                    Cheers, Martin.
                    Last edited by listerjp2; 29-06-18, 07:07 PM.

Comment

It's always good when it passes, I liken it to the a fathers waiting room at a hospital. (Old school I know)

Well done.

Adrian

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
                      My Hunter passed its MOT this morning it was put on emissions and passed as a 1997 registered car no problems, it had no advisories but then again its only done 36k and 1000 miles in the last year so I shouldnt be surprised

Comment

Thank god, well done.

Adrian

Originally posted by chris_cussen View Post
                        Different garage, brief discussion with the staff, MOT test pass with no advisories. Phew!

Comment

I have years worth of stuff to do on my to do list.

Never ending.

Adrian

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                          Taking each one separately

I have bypassed the heater matrix because I haven't decided yet where the heater controls should be, in any case I shouldn't need it for Le Mans

It is suprising how positive it is. I think it's brill but then again I did make it

Bump stop not yet.

Had to replace the starter motor today as much as I hit it the bendix it would not return, working fine now.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                            I have years worth of stuff to do on my to do list.

Never ending.

Adrian
                            I agree once it’s on the road there will always be a to do list, change this and that, improve this etc.
                            I will probably be a fine weather driver so a heater isn’t important but as I have the vents already cut in to the scuttle I may as well fit at least a fan.
                            If you come up with an idea for a bump stop for the front let us all know and so will I. Maybe someone already has.
                            Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Bump stop for the front?
                              I thought that the front dampers included the bump stop and the droop stop?

Comment

Originally posted by duncan View Post
                                Bump stop for the front?
                                I thought that the front dampers included the bump stop and the droop stop?
                                Unfortunately not. The upper ball joint can catch on the inner wing if you drive over a speed bump quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X