..well the last 3 weeks really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..well the last 3 weeks really

Great trackday at Anglessey on 16th June with Lotus On Track. Unfortunately immediately afterwards the crankshaft pulley bolt unwound allowing the cambelt to disengage from the bottom sprocket. The result was instant engine stop, subsequently to discover 6 bent exhaust valves

Recovery home from Anglessey, followed by swift ebay search to locate refurb 1.8vvc in Hull for $250. The following 2 weekends then spent stripping and rebuilding the engine and gearbox to the car. Now running again

....now ready for the Ironworks show this Sunday...anyone else going?

Rich

Last edited by bigrich; 10-07-18, 09:25 PM.

Re: ..well the last 3 weeks really

Good to hear you are up and running again after that misfortune, you missed out on some great open top weather motoring.
    I am unable to attend Oswestry Ironworks this year due to a family event, will let you know Curborough track day date with PAN when I know usually mid September

Comment

Such a lovely and clean 5exi you have there Rich. Especially considering how old she's getting...
      Glad to see you have cracked on and come back from your engine malfunction.
      Good work.
      Leon
      Last edited by leadfoot; 20-07-18, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Rich is on the road with the 5exi I saw him on the other side of the road near Crewe station last night around 9-30pm.
        He may still wondering who was waving at him from an older open top.
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dave_clutterbuck View Post
          Rich is on the road with the 5exi I saw him on the other side of the road near Crewe station last night around 9-30pm.
          He may still wondering who was waving at him from an older open top.
          Dave
          Both of you on a late night drive. Great stuff and also good news.

Comment

Hi Dave, I noticed the Marlin, but the headlights caught my eye until you had just got level with me...I gave a last minute wave ...nice night for a drive!!

Comment

Cheers Leon, I just had to get cracking with the new engine....seems ok, just stretching her legs a bit now
              Originally posted by leadfoot View Post
              Such a lovely and clean 5exi you have there Rich. Especially considering how old she's getting...
              Glad to see you have cracked on and come back from your engine malfunction.
              Good work.
              Leon

Comment

Just the one headlight the nearside had failed somewhere between Ellenhall & Crewe, sorted the problem this morning found to be due to a poor connection took a few hours of tinkering.
                Off to Northern Ireland tomorrow for a tour in the Marlin around the North Coast out to the Atlantic Coast down to Ballyshannon and back across to Downpatrick, will meet up with a Dave Smith out there who has a Roadster

Comment

Originally posted by dave_clutterbuck View Post
                  … Off to Northern Ireland tomorrow for a tour in the Marlin around the North Coast out to the Atlantic Coast down to Ballyshannon and back across to Downpatrick …
                  I hope you will make a thread of your trip.
                  Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X