After 35 years of ownership ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 35 years of ownership ....

After 35 years of ownership I finally coughed up and paid someone to make me a stainless exhaust system. Hopefully no more gun gum required for a while !

I found the previous installation (home brewed system using Mini Cooper s box) sounded great but got on my wick after a few miles. I requested that Custom Chrome Of Nuneaton design me a system that gave a similar note but less volume. I think they have succeeded admirably, with a box smaller than before ..looks great too.

It's left me with a slight problem, since fitting I am getting a partial misfire under load. Seems to dissapear when warm.

Obviously I need to do a bit of tuning, but wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar ?

Pics of the new system below, I'm impressed how they've managed to keep the box unobtrusive under the skinny running boards of the mk1.

IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3768.JPG
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Re: After 35 years of ownership ....

Looks fab, thinking of going down that road myself. Can I be a bit cheeky and ask how much it was so I can get an idea when I speak to the guys up here. Please PM if you prefer not to put it on here.

Thanks

Derek
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

When I had my Roadster the silencer was underneath the running board and the heat from it made the paint bubble on the running board. I overcame this by fixing a piece of stainless steel between the silencer and the running board, as a heat deflector. David

Comment

Hi David, cheers I'll keep an eye on it, although I asked that question and was told that the system fitted was far better heat insulated than older designs.
        Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
        Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Working...
        X