Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I`m a relatively new member (4 months) and now have a roadster so thought it was high time to say hello and start asking for help. My car is known to the club having been brought from a fellow club member and frequent forum contributor and did start an interesting discussion. I can assure all those that took part that the roadster is alive and well and being enjoyed in the countryside of Kent. I do have a couple of questions that I hope member may be able to help me with.

1-does any one have any information on templates or suitable supplier for a tonneau cover.
    2- does anyone have a spare bonnet for sale as I'm incurring a lot of minor paintwork damage and finding it difficult removing the one piece one I have at the moment but do not want to cut without back up. Also appreciate that collection may be a problem so a hinged item may more suitable and would save some work as I do seem to have a long list of things I want to do to the Marlin

Barry

Re: new member

Welcome Barry ! You have chosen well Marlin's are IMHO the best kit out there, under-rated & incredibly robust !

Regarding your bonnet. I get your point, I too have a one piece bonnet, and the front/back leading edges pick up loads of nicks in the paint. I'd suggest trimming it with some (approx 1cm wide) self gripping rubber trim sold by the meter on ebay. OK so you get a black line but it looks better than the damaged paint. Bonnet may be a bit tight to start with, so be prepared to adjust either the catches or remove any rubber on the nose cone / top of scuttle.

Let me know if you cant source any or am not sure what I mean.

Cheers..
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Originally posted by 928cdu View Post
      Welcome Barry ! You have chosen well Marlin's are IMHO the best kit out there, under-rated & incredibly robust !

Regarding your bonnet. I get your point, I too have a one piece bonnet, and the front/back leading edges pick up loads of nicks in the paint. I'd suggest trimming it with some (approx 1cm wide) self gripping rubber trim sold by the meter on ebay. OK so you get a black line but it looks better than the damaged paint. Bonnet may be a bit tight to start with, so be prepared to adjust either the catches or remove any rubber on the nose cone / top of scuttle.

Let me know if you cant source any or am not sure what I mean.

Cheers..
      Hi
      could not agree more with your initial comment its about time they got the credit they deserve. Thanks for the suggestion ,I know exactly what you mean a similar material is used to seat the wings on model aircraft(another one of my interests)so will give it a try.
      Thanks

Comment

Welcome Barry, this reminds me to change my forum avatar

There’s a recent thread here about the breather on top middle of the rear axle, which reminded me I noticed mine (yours) is missing, I had a new one somewhere but just looked and can’t find it now otherwise I’d have posted it.

Anyway the thread here gives a source of another better breather from the Land Rover community.
        Last edited by David; 16-07-18, 06:53 PM.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Re the tonneau cover, the trimmers Marlin used no longer supply so best bet would be to get a template from a similar car.
          This will depend on your cars spec Ie MK1 all Triumph, Mk2 Marina or Hybrid(to allow for height of steering wheel to have a pocket) and SWB or LWB.
          To be honest any local trimmer should be able to make you a bespoke cover to fit.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thank Ben
            looks like I will have to do a little more research on this one. My marlin is a mk 2 triumph/marina swb with a 2ltrx6 so no doubt I will be contacting you again for some advise,

Barry

Comment

Thanks David
              got this one sorted, 40 years playing around with land Rover !

Comment

Originally posted by barry_r View Post
                Thanks David
                got this one sorted, 40 years playing around with land Rover !
                I forgot that, doh!
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                X