Pipercross air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipercross air filter

Hi folks, I have been working on my Berlinetta and the air filter element is in dire need of replacement, I have hunted high and low to get a replacement element, the only one that looked close is too tall and will be in danger of hitting the bonnet.
    can anyone point me in the right direction to find one please?
    So that I could drive her today I removed the rotting foam and made up the existing filter with scotch brite pads cut into strips, worked fine but a proper filter would be good.
    Attached Files

Re: Pipercross air filter

As a more permanent temporary fix you could get some motor cycle air filter foam which is available off the bay and cut it to size .. this is what I did in similar situation.
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Try phoning Piper cross tomorrow
      01604 212145

Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I've fitted a PiperCross filter, part number C3003. they also sell a blank base plate you modify to fit your carb profile. The filter does get close to the underside of the bonnet, but as it is only foam it distorts and doesn't damage the panel.
        I believe they do a slightly smaller version. Engine runs far better than the originally fitted chrome pancake filter.
        Hope this helps DaveH
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the very useful input, I have started by ordering filter foam and am looking into the other options.
          The quick fix gave me a lovely day out with the car yesterday

Comment

Working...
          X