ykc rear bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ykc rear bushes

does anyone know what bushes are available for jullietta rear suspension, polly if available ?

Re: ykc rear bushes

Conditional on Ford Sierra suspension, https://www.superflex.co.uk/products.php?cat=145 but Superflex cover many different car manufacturers.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 19-07-18, 12:26 PM. Reason: Edited to meet AdminUser’s comments.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Don't assume anything! I once said exactly that Steve only to find out that the car in question, a Julietta too, used TR6 bushes! Yes! TR6! So Unfortunately Paul it may be a bit of guesswork/ careful measuring. As far as Poly bushes go you can buy blank stock and get them machined to fit, although if you have the Dedion rear tube you may want to keep as much lateral movement as possible as its not the best designed bit of kit when cornering as the shocks are pretty much locked upright and have virtually no lateral movement.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminUser View Post
        Don't assume anything! I once said exactly that Steve only to find out that the car in question, a Julietta too, used TR6 bushes! Yes! TR6! So Unfortunately Paul it may be a bit of guesswork/ careful measuring. As far as Poly bushes go you can buy blank stock and get them machined to fit, although if you have the Dedion rear tube you may want to keep as much lateral movement as possible as its not the best designed bit of kit when cornering as the shocks are pretty much locked upright and have virtually no lateral movement.
        I have edited my original post to suit AdmiUser’s comments about making assumptions, clearly he is unaware of the complete range of Superflex products that are available.

Join DateNov 2011LocationSomewhere in the worldPosts2,717

Conditional on Ford Sierra suspension, https://www.superflex.co.uk/products.php?cat=145 but Superflex cover many different car manufacturers.

If you have dimensions or are happy to send Superflex a sample, I am sure they would be able to replicate your needs, possibly in a harder or softer Polyurethane to suit exact requirements.

Superflex have yet to let me down on multiple different vehicles, Gordon and Christine certainly know their stuff.

There are stockists around the country but a visit to Wookey, their central store, has the benefit of a trip through the Somerset countryside, a look at Wookey hole, and a drive through Cheddar Gorge etc. Even a visit to Wells, Glastonbury or even Clarks Shopping Village is possible if that’s what floats your boat.

Sadly Superflex do not offer mechanical services to change the bushes over, while you wait.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Lol

PLease also see this thread regarding rear shocks on the Julietta http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...ighlight=shock

Comment

looks like i will be taking an arm off , and paying them a visit . never been to wookey before

Comment

will check , thanks for this info

Comment

Working...
              X