Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin Roadster With 1600 cc Ford Pinto Motor and 5 Speed Gearbox SUPERB EXAMPLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin Roadster With 1600 cc Ford Pinto Motor and 5 Speed Gearbox SUPERB EXAMPLE

Showing as sold on Car & Classic and eBay listing ended. Good result and demonstrates what a well put together car can achieve.

Comment

Re: Marlin Roadster With 1600 cc Ford Pinto Motor and 5 Speed Gearbox SUPERB EXAMPLE

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
      Showing as sold on Car & Classic and eBay listing ended. Good result and demonstrates what a well put together car can achieve.
      I wonder if the new buyer was encouraged to join the MOC?
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        I looked at this in 2014 when it was last up for sale at that dealer. Was MOT's then. But I see it's neither taxed or MOT's now and is registered as a Morris. Last MOT was in 2014 so even if it was 'rebuilt' most perishables would need looking at again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marlin-Ro...E/232855451673

[ATTACH]10185[/ATTACH]

Have they had difficulty MOT'ing it, new regs perhaps, or because it's registered as a Morris and not a Marlin?
        The first Sportster?

Comment

I still think this is the best looking roadster with cycle wings I have seen.

If my roadster had been damaged more than it was I would have copied this.

Regards

Adrian

Originally posted by stevepritch View Post
          The first Sportster?

Comment

In the days of Marlin Engineering Paul Moorhouse had a design drawing on his office wall of a cycle wing roadster named Rooster.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
            X