Clear All

Re: Yellow topped relay sierra origin fuse box

Originally posted by h_m_cumming View Post
    Have you read what's on the tube?
    Beaten to it!

Caution!
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

So that’s still white for waterproof and red for rubber / hydraulic parts then?

Comment

Just found this. Contradicts what's on tube.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by h_m_cumming; 04-09-18, 09:32 PM.

Comment

^ That is the sheet I read, in French, after visiting a factors in brest , the assistant who when challenged on the suitability he phoned someone, said to be the TRW rep who verified its new status as a replacement for red grease. When I got home I checked, and found the above sheet - the French version.
          I rebuilt the master cylinder last night using the remnants of a tube of red rubber grease, more than enough to complete reassembly. It will be installed today and recommissioned.
          I suppose you now pays yer money and makes yer choice!!
          Last edited by Tony Stott; 05-09-18, 07:24 AM.

Comment

It always pays to check and double check when selecting oils, lubricants and greases to see what their compatibility with the materials they are likely to come into contact with. I learned that the hard way, many yeas ago, as an mechanical engineering apprentice.

There are numerous brands out there, and general comments on different colours for different uses.

Useless to me, I am colourblind so I always read what it says on the tin, even if my boss told me otherwise.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

But its not in a tin, a plastic tube!! ; - D)

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Stott View Post
                But its not in a tin, a plastic tube!! ; - D)
                I presume then that you bought some, what are you going to use it for? I presume you are going to follow what’s on the sheet and what’s on the plastic tube?
                I notice that the instruction sheet above, it does not mention a temperature range. People do not necessarily think just how hot a calliper can get, certainly over 200°C. Any grease used must be able to survive repeated heat cycles.

My Red Rubber Grease is in a tin, it has instructions on it that I follow.

I went environmentally conscious a few years ago. I prefer to be plastic free.
                MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Ok yes purchased.
                  It was to refurb the master cylinder, but that was achieved using the remnant red grease and Dot 4 brake fluid, which, also if the PFG110 had been used would not have been a problem as the temperature developed would be nowhere near 220'C albeit the exhaust manifold is underneath!
                  Ref acquisition of PFG102 - nigh on impossible here in Finistere and other areas of France, loathed to order from the UK as delivery can be over 2 weeks in transit. And the environmentally sustainable aspect, if the stuff is only available in plastic tubes then that has to work - don't know what life is like in Spain, never been, but France is something else from an environmental point of view!

Comment

Ok next problem query, remember recently there was a link to Burton Power and their right angled speedo drive conversion for a ford g/box, cannot find it on here or the burton site. anyone got a link please?

Comment

Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

brilliant thanks, now gotta decide that and my existing speedo or a complete electronic job!

Comment

I recently fitted a set of ETB instruments...I used a Revotec electronic adaptor for the Type 9 to drive the speedo, which seems to work well...bit of a tight fit in the Roadster tunnel though...needed a cutout to accommodate it..!
                          Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                          Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

I used ETB instruments as well. I put their provided pick-up (2 magnets and a sensor) on a bracket i made mounted on the diff with the magnets on the propshaft flange

Comment

Working...
                            X