Clear All

• buch

Hello
    I am looking for the bush of this piece
    I do not know his name I found the others
    thank you
    Attached Files

Re: buch

I would have thought it was from a classic mini as that is the mini top hat.

Adrian

Originally posted by kolmershlagjp View Post
    Hello
    I am looking for the bush of this piece
    I do not know his name I found the others
    thank you

Comment

I think the top arm is from a classic mini and its a shaft with bearings

Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Correct, as an apprentice mechanic in the 60s I changed many.

Comment

Originally posted by phil.coyle View Post
          Correct, as an apprentice mechanic in the 60s I changed many.
          Really?
          As a mini fan from the 70's through the 80's with lots of mini's that was about the only part I didn't have to change!

Comment

That's the puppy

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
            I think the top arm is from a classic mini and its a shaft with bearings

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/172740656298?chn=ps

Comment

I am looking for the superflex of this piece

Comment

Not a mini expert but it has similarities to an MGA and looks like you mean the rubbere grease seal cap is missing as the bush and the spindle will be a bronze and steel. I am sure if I am wrong the epxerts will advise

Comment

I am looking for the superflex of this piece
                  There are no Superflex part for the Mini top arm. If there were, I would have listed them.

If you have excessive movement forwards and backwards it is a known problem here or there.

Even new parts may not reduce the movement, I machined some to limit the movement.
                  MOC member since 05/97
                  1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                  1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                  Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

If there is play in the top swivel the repair kit comes with a haft and needle roller bearings. Check the forum for removing the old bearings, they can be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                      If there is play in the top swivel the repair kit comes with a haft and needle roller bearings. Check the forum for removing the old bearings, they can be difficult.
                      I think you mean shaft!

The problem is that, in my experience, if you read the article from keepandshare, that was published in Pitstop, is that the manufacturing tolerances are variable to say the least, the reason I ended up machining my own parts to get rid of unnaceptable end float.
                      I have found no information in Classic Mini manuals or forums that specify an ideal end float.

Getting the old bearings out, can be a pain if the Upper Arms have not been lubricated regularly. A decent mechanic/engineer should have a Blind Hole Bearing Puller here or there that can make the job really quick, expensive for a one off job, but to do the job properly you would pull all 4, from both left and right Upper Arms, so maybe not so expensive considering the time and hassle saved.

There are a few DIY methods if you have a welder, to files and hacksaws etc. But they will take a lot more time.
                      MOC member since 05/97
                      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

can you tell me if these marina products are of good quality
                        thank you for all these answers

Comment

can you tell me if these marina products are of good quality
                          thank you for all these answers
                          https://www.autocraze.co.uk/catalogs...=Morris+marina
                          Never heard of them before.
                          MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                          X