Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Berli Seats

1. #1 Berli Seats 
    forum contributor
    I have Cobra seats in my Berli which have a few tears and due for replacement. The Cobra race seats are uncomfortable and I have been looking for an alternative. They are very narrow at only 42cm across the seat and nothing wider will fit. I have looked at S2000, Fiat 500, MGF, Mini and a few more only to find they are too wide. Any suggestions?

2. #2 Re: Berli Seats 
    Moderator Club Member
    Suzuki Cappucino seats have been used by some Cabrio owners, they will probably need a retrim though if you can find a pair.

David Siddals modified a pair of MX5 seats for his Sportster but again a retrim is required. Depends on how much work you are prepared for, but may not be the cheapest option .

Maybe Westfield have something suitable? Richfield or Intatrim are 2 others that spring to mind if still in business. Hope that helps.

3. #3 Re: Berli Seats 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    I've got Westfield seats in my Roadster, they're 42cm. Have them fitted to the origional runners.Find the comfortable on a long run.
    Attached Images

4. #4 Re: Berli Seats 
    Moderator Club Member
    Have a look at GSM Performance website.

5. #5 Re: Berli Seats 
    Quote Originally Posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    Suzuki Cappucino seats have been used by some Cabrio owners, they will probably need a retrim though if you can find a pair.

David Siddals modified a pair of MX5 seats for his Sportster but again a retrim is required. Depends on how much work you are prepared for, but may not be the cheapest option .

Maybe Westfield have something suitable? Richfield or Intatrim are 2 others that spring to mind if still in business. Hope that helps.
    Does anyone know David Siddals email? I have a pair of MK1 MX-5 seats to modify for my Cabrio, however if David has already been through the process he may well have some useful ideas around this.

Regards

Neil (aka Wiggie)
    2000 Marlin Cabrio; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

6. #6 Re: Berli Seats 
    Administrator Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggiesworld View Post
    Does anyone know David Siddals email? <snip>
    Regards

Neil (aka Wiggie)
    Hi Wiggie,
    I canít give out anybodyís email but I can send David your contact details and ask him to contact you. Please send me a PM request.
    Paul

7. #7 Re: Berli Seats 
    Wiggie. If you wish to contact me , my details are in Pitstop (Peak District meet, Sheldon). I chose MX5 seats because I had a ride in a Sportster fitted with the same and was impressed. However after acquiring a pair I found that because my car is a short wheelbase there was no rearward movement available unlike the ones in the other car which was a long w/base. I stripped the seats down to the frames and took 1.5 inches out of the width using the strips of metal removed to spot weld the two halves together again. By cutting the same amount out of the foam filling and having them recovered I've ended up with seats that for me are very comfortable, even over long distances.David

8. #8 Re: Berli Seats 
    Quote Originally Posted by copperleaves11 View Post
    Wiggie. If you wish to contact me , my details are in Pitstop (Peak District meet, Sheldon). I chose MX5 seats because I had a ride in a Sportster fitted with the same and was impressed. However after acquiring a pair I found that because my car is a short wheelbase there was no rearward movement available unlike the ones in the other car which was a long w/base. I stripped the seats down to the frames and took 1.5 inches out of the width using the strips of metal removed to spot weld the two halves together again. By cutting the same amount out of the foam filling and having them recovered I've ended up with seats that for me are very comfortable, even over long distances.David
    Fortunately my Cabrio is a LWB....... Thanks for the advice, I have a friendly welder and trimmer I can call on, now where's my angle grinder.......
    2000 Marlin Cabrio; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349