New Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrival

Happy to be the new owner of a lovely Cabrio. Bought from deepest Somerset and now residing in North Northumberland. Fitted with 2.8 V6 on Carb the car had sat for some time and had a few issues. A couple of weeks fettling and she now runs nicely and has a shiney new MOT. Have fitted a new fuel pump and replaced all of the fuel lines, they were full of weird stuff including leaves! She overheated badly but have had a new radiator made with a 55mm core from a company called Coolex in Nottingham, from sending them a drawing by e-mail to delivery was 5 working days. Still have several jobs to do but she is on the road so they will get done when its raining and I can't get out, If anyone has any history of the car I would be interested it came with owners club key fobs so one of the two early owners must have been members but car is not pictured in the gallery.38023581_1896348524002812_7204223188480294912_n.jpg

Re: New Arrival

Looks smart, enjoy
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Nice car...
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi John, congratulations on the new arrival, looks great

It's not in the gallery cos I don't know it, nor have any pics. It's unlikely as I don't recognise the car, but has it been on a different registration number ?

Please advise the chassis number and any history/previous owners details you have and I will correct the omission - PM me if you prefer

Enjoy it ! Rgds DC
        Last edited by dcunn; 17-08-18, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
          Hi John, congratulations on the new arrival, looks great

It's not in the gallery cos I don't know it, nor have any pics. It's unlikely as I don't recognise the car, but has it been on a different registration number ?

Please advise the chassis number and any history/previous owners details you have and I will correct the omission - PM me if you prefer

Enjoy it ! Rgds DC
          DC
          This is the original advert for the car. Gary Thorpe looks to be the name of the previous owner.
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks Jon, different wheels so I didn't spot it - anyway I get confused with all the different cars, it must be an age thing !
            Garys name is not in our list so I'll wait for LJ to get back to me.
            Last edited by dcunn; 17-08-18, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Nice colour combination. My Hunter is dark green and light green which again looks good together, enjoy the car they are an all weather beastie

Comment

This is the original reg number. I am on holiday in South of France at the minute so will pm chassis number and previous owners when I return. The original build is very well done. I wondered if it was a factory car. Later work included changing from original pinto to v6. The engine bay is a little cosmetically challenged but will do till winter. Do marlin do a carpet set?

Comment

Originally posted by Lanciajohn View Post
                  This is the original reg number. I am on holiday in South of France at the minute so will pm chassis number and previous owners when I return. The original build is very well done. I wondered if it was a factory car. Later work included changing from original pinto to v6. The engine bay is a little cosmetically challenged but will do till winter. Do marlin do a carpet set?
                  You could try https://www.carcarpets.co.uk/carpet-sets-2-c.asp. The only list a Roadster set on their site but may do a Cabrio if you call them.
                  Stumbling around in the dark
                  Marina based SWB roadster
                  Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Working...
                  X