Marina LWB Roadster 1.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina LWB Roadster 1.8

We have details of a barn stored Marina LWB 1.8 which is for sale. It has not run for 20 years. If interested contact us by email [email protected] and we will give details.
    It is nr Rugeley, Staffs

Re: Marina LWB Roadster 1.8

Previously correctly registered or a little vague?
    Correctly SORN?
    Known to the Club?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

No idea! Anyone interested can ask the questions direct. It has not moved for 20 years

Comment

I have spoken to the seller, he confirms that the car is a LWB, and as soon as I get pictures from him I will upload them - I forgot to ask what the V5 says .................................DOH

Comment

If it hasn't been SORNed historically it doesn't need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
            If it hasn't been SORNed historically it doesn't need to be.
            My car rested in my garage for a few years.
            I didn’t SORN it, and never got any reminders.
            After I did all the necessary mechanics and got it MOT’d, my local post office said I would have to go to local DVLA office.
            At first Tax was refused because they wanted me to pay the several years back tax, as I had allegedly failed to pay the past few years.
            Some 30 mins discussion later, luckily I had all the necessary documentation with me, I walked out with a new tax disc.
            I beleive it helped enourmously to have the full paperwork.

But, what if the previous owner had not SORN, surely they would have to prove the vehicle was ‘off the rosd’ Not the buyer?
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

My Locust had not been taxed before Sorn so it was not sorned. I taxed it in our PO no problem. My S1 Landrover was laid up before sorn and taxed on line no problem.

Comment

Full details and current pics awaited from the seller...he is the builder so it's a one owner machine, meantime he's sent old pics :
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it's got the KN Diamond wheels I've been searching for since I bought Brum!
                  Stumbling around in the dark
                  Marina based SWB roadster
                  Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

For sale, posted by DC on request from Jim Carter, please note SGs comments at #6 above :

For Sale Marlin LWB Roadster Light Metallic Blue NOK 970R

A one owner/builder car, it is located at Corlton, near Rugeley, Staffs

This Roadster was built from a 1.8TC Marina donor and has been dry stored for many years in a heated garage.

The V5 is in my name and correct as a Marlin Roadster.

The car has never been SORN’d and the DVLA lists it as untaxed since 1992

I will need notice of viewings as I need to shift a lot of boxes to enable me to get the car out of the garage, which is why you only see the “historic” pictures.

The general condition is good, it has a Double Duck hood and has been covered with a dust sheet all these years – but I guess it will need a thorough checkover, new fluids, etc.

I would be happy to haggle at around £1500 Contact Jim Carter tel 01889 575990

Two more old pics have surfaced :
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dcunn; 13-10-18, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                      For sale, posted by DC on request from Jim Carter, please note SGs comments at #6 above :

For Sale Marlin LWB Roadster Light Metallic Blue NOK 970R

A one owner/builder car, it is located at Corlton, near Rugeley, Staffs

This Roadster was built from a 1.8TC Marina donor and has been dry stored for many years in a heated garage.

The V5 is in my name and correct as a Marlin Roadster.

The car has never been SORN’d and the DVLA lists it as untaxed since 1992

I will need notice of viewings as I need to shift a lot of boxes to enable me to get the car out of the garage, which is why you only see the “historic” pictures.

The general condition is good, it has a Double Duck hood and has been covered with a dust sheet all these years – but I guess it will need a thorough checkover, new fluids, etc.

I would be happy to haggle at around £1500 Contact Jim Carter tel 01889 575990

Two more old pics have surfaced :
                      SORN was introduced from Jan 1998 if the car was off the road before then it will only need to be either SORN or Taxed by the new owner.
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hello, Is this still for sale?
                        Original builder of SWB Cabrio chassis no. 04-33 reg. no. CRN540Y - had a 2.8L Cologne V6 when I sold it in 2011
                        Briefly owned Marlin Berlinetta Q670XBB for about 4 months in 2012
                        Did own SWB Marian 1800TC Roadster Q741LPP - modified for trials by Fourtune Engineering
                        Now own Marlin Sportster with 3.5L BMW straight six powerplant P764DOD - proof that absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Comment

Don't know. Suggest you ring and ask

Comment

Working...
                          X