No announcement yet.

Another Triumph based Roadster on eBay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Triumph based Roadster on eBay.

Re: Another Triumph based Roadster on eBay.

Oh dear, registered as a 1965 blue Triumph with no MOT history On SORN though.
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Marlin View Post
      Oh dear, registered as a 1965 blue Triumph with no MOT history On SORN though.
      Attracting a lot of interest though !
      Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
      Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

C reg doesn't need an MOT. Maybe a very dark blue? It is a Triumph sports, not that I would like to argue with plod about it. Nice car though.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
          C reg doesn't need an MOT. Maybe a very dark blue? It is a Triumph sports, not that I would like to argue with plod about it. Nice car though.
          Listed as British Racing Green, which I think it is, almost
          I notice someone has left a tyre on the passenger and marked the vynil. I did this once with my boat and managed to remove the, very similar, colouring off the seat . I didn't manage to remove the mark though .
          Stumbling around in the dark
          Marina based SWB roadster
          Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
            Yes it does need an MOT read the rules its not the car listed on the registration document

Comment

I'm confused over these new rules so please clarify!

Comment

It looks to be sold. Buyer beware. Let’s see if it reappears soon.

Comment

If a 72 doesn't need an MOT or Tax it could be taxed as a Triumph sports. It is a Triumph engine and chassis with a sports body no? I still wouldn't fancy arguing the toss with a knowledgeable plod, and there are some!

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
                    I'm confused over these new rules so please clarify!
                    If you know a car that doesnt need an MOT go on the gov website type in it reg, it will come up as no MOT in red, their is a link to check out the rules for no MOT extensively modified cars still require an MOT according to these rules. The question is is it worth the fine? or even the car being taken away?

Comment

In my opinion I think the no MOT rule is ridiculous.

My car will be exempt next year.

I know that the test is only valid on that day and they don't test everything but it would, at least, remind me to check all those things you would normally check prior to the MOT.

What may look from the outside to be ok may not be the case and to have a second set of eyes is always a good idea.

For me, I will be having an MOT each year.

Adrian

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
                      If you know a car that doesnt need an MOT go on the gov website type in it reg, it will come up as no MOT in red, their is a link to check out the rules for no MOT extensively modified cars still require an MOT according to these rules. The question is is it worth the fine? or even the car being taken away?

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post

Whether a vehicle is MOT-exempt or not, it remains the owner’s legal responsibility to keep the car roadworthy, and those who do not risk fines and points on their license, not to mention a risk to their safety and those of other road users. Owners may voluntarily put their car through an MOT even if exempt.

Comment

Steve & Adrian,
                          Agree entirely .. but will the MOT test still accommodate older cars ? As if old cars don't "normally" require a test, will DVLA eventually drop the current concessions (like emissions) made to old cars in the test itself .. purely to save money & simplify the regulations ?

Not that I'm paranoid !!

BR .. Rich
                          Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
                          Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Working...
                          X