Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Cabrio servicing and maintenance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1 Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    regular forum contributor Club Member
    Hello,
    As the owner of a recently acquired cabrio and as a new member living near Bath, I on the lookout for a garage or skilled mechanic to service my cabrio - I would like to do the work myself, but I am too busy looking after my 90 year old parents. If someone could also recommend a company in the South West for repairs to soft tops I would be most grateful.
    Thank you to all the members who have so willingly offered tips and advice.

By the way, does anyone know details of the next monthly meet for the South West? I could not find any details on the forum.

Best Regards,
    Doug

2. #2 Re: Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member chris_cussen's Avatar
    Hi Doug,
    SOme distance away from you, but local to me are http://www.pipertrimmers.co.uk/
    They made a new hood from a Spartan Treka for me and also repaired the stitching on a seat in a Focus ST170. Not cheap but good work.
    Don't know of any garages in the Bath area I would recommend.
    This http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...p?118-SW-Meets will show and SW meets
    Chris
    Cabrio, Omex 2.0l 150bhp Zetec blacktop, Omex ECU and wiring loom.

3. #3 Re: Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougohere View Post
    Hello,

........By the way, does anyone know details of the next monthly meet for the South West? I could not find any details on the forum.....

Best Regards,
    Doug
    Been recovering from a operation for the last few months but hope to be back in the Marlin soon. Will try to get a meet together for next month. Peter.

4. #4 Re: Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    regular forum contributor
    Hello Doug,
    can’t help with garages but I have a Hunter in Frome and I know of a Roadster here as well.

5. #5 Re: Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member jon_cox's Avatar
    Hi Doug
    I have a Roadster which I have owned on and off for 30 years. I live just outside Bath and know a few of the local garages around Saltford / Keynsham way. I do all my own work pretty much so do not have any actual experience of their quality but if I can help, or you want a chat then let me know.
    Jon

6. #6 Re: Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member 928cdu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougohere View Post
    Hello,
    As the owner of a recently acquired cabrio and as a new member living near Bath, I on the lookout for a garage or skilled mechanic to service my cabrio - I would like to do the work myself, but I am too busy looking after my 90 year old parents. If someone could also recommend a company in the South West for repairs to soft tops I would be most grateful.
    Thank you to all the members who have so willingly offered tips and advice.

By the way, does anyone know details of the next monthly meet for the South West? I could not find any details on the forum.

Best Regards,
    Doug
    Another one further away from you, can recommend "Tina's trims" very reasonable prices, based in Dudley, but she will post. See the thread for examples of her work & contact details ..

She rebuilt my rigid sidescreens & fixed my soft-top (new window & stitching) .

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...highlight=tina
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

7. #7 Re: Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member kahawi's Avatar
    Doug,

Had you considered Marlin Sportscars? They’re just outside Crediton in Devon and did a superb job of setting up our Hunter’s front-end and it was good to think they’ve given it the manufacturers once-over.

Our car has been serviced there nearly all its life (by previous owner) and I’m sure Terry Matthews could advise on preferred car trimming companies etc.

A quick ‘Google Mapping’ puts them only a couple of hours away from you. When we visited, there were several Marlins awaiting work and according to Russell (over on FaceBook), they are regularly servicing customer Marlins.

Marlin:- 0 1363 773772
    Holmfield House
    Crediton,
    Devon EX17 3QA

Cheers,
    Colin B
    (2nd Owner of Marlin Hunter, chassis No. 157 (May 1998). Ford-based with 2.3ltr DOHC engine).

Marlin Hunter R500 ULA

8. #8 Re: Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_cox View Post
    Hi Doug
    I have a Roadster which I have owned on and off for 30 years. I live just outside Bath and know a few of the local garages around Saltford / Keynsham way. I do all my own work pretty much so do not have any actual experience of their quality but if I can help, or you want a chat then let me know.
    Jon
    Hello Jon,
    Many thanks for the your information - and it was interesting to see that you have owned the same roadster on and off for 30 years. It looks like you can't bear to part with it!.
    I actually live in Bitton which is only about 2 miles away from Keynsham and Saltford. I often meet up with a friend for lunch at the Bird in Hand at Saltford on a Friday, so maybe you would be interested in joining us for lunch this Friday or some other Friday. If not it would also be good to hear from you - my mobile number is 07882 425746 and the best time to call is late afternoon.
    Best Regards,
    Doug

9. #9 Re: Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    Quote Originally Posted by greyV8pete View Post
    Been recovering from a operation for the last few months but hope to be back in the Marlin soon. Will try to get a meet together for next month. Peter.
    Hello Peter,
    Many thanks for the update and I look forward to getting details of the SW meeting. Best of luck with the recovery.
    Doug

10. #10 Re: Cabrio servicing and maintenance 
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_cussen View Post
    Hi Doug,
    SOme distance away from you, but local to me are http://www.pipertrimmers.co.uk/
    They made a new hood from a Spartan Treka for me and also repaired the stitching on a seat in a Focus ST170. Not cheap but good work.
    Don't know of any garages in the Bath area I would recommend.
    This http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...p?118-SW-Meets will show and SW meets
    Chris
    Many thanks for the tip and SW info Chris