• Show
Clear All

• Spotted at cop Hill Climb yesterday

Marlin Roadster Special

IMG-20180916-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180916-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20180916-WA0002.jpg

Re: Spotted at cop Hill Climb yesterday

Interesting, we don't know that one, I wonder which Marlin that used to be !

Comment

Funny looking JAGO would explain the bazaar modifications ????
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Adopting the "if you've got nothing good to say then say nothing".......I have no words!
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

If Picasso painted a Marlin, that's what it would look like
          Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
          Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

As a totally unrelated posting there was an ancient car rally passed my house this morning with the usual array of old british and French cars. One different 2CV with a Mercedes rad grill inserted and the bendy wheel mounted on top. Didn't have a camera, suffice to add it was all painted in(to me) an awful sh!tty brown metallic colour uuuugggggghhhh!

Comment

No such thing as a bad Marlin in my opinion. It must have a mighty engine to need the bonnet raising like that.
              Paul

Comment

I've seen a Berli which had been adapted with additional storage & used as a commercial purposes & advertising board. From the picture it looks like some storage and spare wheels at the back, so maybe it's for long distance touring... ?? The strength of the Marlin Chassis does make it platform for such mods. ...Anyway, better being used than unloved & in a barn somewhere, waiting to be found !
                Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
                Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

This one ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I’m wondering if that isn’t actually a trailor, stood on its backboard?

Better used than neglected, I am sure we would all agree.
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Old Smokey ,Marmite, I like it! Q560, There is obviously a lot of thought and work gone into it. Shame the radiator shell wasn't moved up to meet the bonnet. Someone must know the owner , a write up would be interesting. Is it me or is it a tall windscreen?

Comment

I was there all weekend but missed that one! The rod thing is strangely attractive... but over priced? Perhaps I shouldn't start pricing discussion!

There was a trial Roadster booked in for Display on Sunday, Nicks red and black car.
                        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                        X