Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my Marlin activities

Hello all,
    I've managed to find my way back to the club via help from others, my absence was not intended but caused by password issues and little time to do much about it, I'd not realised I'd been away so long ( How time passes eh ) Anyhow, I don't get much time to get the Marlin out, but when I do, It put's a smile on my face. It's a wet Sunday this morning so I might end up in the garage, it's needs a good tidy up and I'll have a practice with my spray painting, I have a few paint jobs on the Marlin to finish off and the same again on our camper van. It's suprising how many little knocks the Marlin had recieved while living in the garage, unknown persons knocking things over etc, I've just replaced the front end after replacing the worn simplex timing gears and chain for a nice new duplex set( Much tighter and quieter ) I also bought a new alternator from ebay, that too has been fitted. While it was apart I also had the old Viva radiator re cored using a 3 core matrix, I had not had issues with over heating in the past, but the old car was very close, so the new rad should sort that. The front number plate also required a good tidy up and painting, so that was also done. I don't keep the Roadster in showroom condition as I like to get out on the hilltops and have a blast, so she picks up a few marks, especially with the fibreglass panels flexing at the fixings, I often find the paint breaking away around the screw heads.

Anyhow, bye for now, into the garage I go.

Re: Update on my Marlin activities

Good update.

Enjoy.

Adrian

Originally posted by Harry View Post
    Hello all,
    I've managed to find my way back to the club via help from others, my absence was not intended but caused by password issues and little time to do much about it, I'd not realised I'd been away so long ( How time passes eh ) Anyhow, I don't get much time to get the Marlin out, but when I do, It put's a smile on my face. It's a wet Sunday this morning so I might end up in the garage, it's needs a good tidy up and I'll have a practice with my spray painting, I have a few paint jobs on the Marlin to finish off and the same again on our camper van. It's suprising how many little knocks the Marlin had recieved while living in the garage, unknown persons knocking things over etc, I've just replaced the front end after replacing the worn simplex timing gears and chain for a nice new duplex set( Much tighter and quieter ) I also bought a new alternator from ebay, that too has been fitted. While it was apart I also had the old Viva radiator re cored using a 3 core matrix, I had not had issues with over heating in the past, but the old car was very close, so the new rad should sort that. The front number plate also required a good tidy up and painting, so that was also done. I don't keep the Roadster in showroom condition as I like to get out on the hilltops and have a blast, so she picks up a few marks, especially with the fibreglass panels flexing at the fixings, I often find the paint breaking away around the screw heads.

Anyhow, bye for now, into the garage I go.

Comment

Good to know you're back with us, welcome again.

Can't remember that far back - did you ever tell me which car your Roadster is - or send pics ? Use PM or my email is in Pitstop

Rgds DC

Comment

Good afternoon, My garage is now somewhat tidier and useable, My airbrush practice went well, it's great for those small areas of rust or damage, scratches too. I use a number of paint spray guns, but my biggest issue is my eyes, as the sight goes, one leans closer to the job, then the back complains! I'll let the paint dry now and give it a polish during the week, then refit the various bit's. By the way, my Marlin is a Roadster, based on a 1973 Marina 1800, it now has an MGB engine and box with working overdrive. There are / were photos of it on this site, I've not looked for them recently. I did take the car apart a number of years ago and rebuild it apart from the dashboard ( Job pending )

Comment

Hello, and yes, we had a few discussions about my old motor, now TAX and MOT free. I often needed third party help to get the photos up on the Marlin site as there were odd issues between my PC and the club site that I could not resolve.

Comment

May see you around, I live in Press that inn.

Phil.

Comment

Cheers Harry, I've placed you & your car now.

Keep the momentum going Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
              X