Windscreen wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen wipers

Can anyone tell me what the usual source for the wipers are? I was told it was a land rover but can't seem to find a match - they're 9" long...? The rubbers are getting a bit worn - they don't get used much! However when caught short last time I was out the heavens opened and things got a bit wet.. wipers fortunately worked but I do need new blades... I don't have a picture - but would expect they'll all be pretty likely identical?

Re: Windscreen wipers

Car Builders Solutions

9" #WBS9 £8.50 Each (£10.20 including VAT)

Or

Rigid wiper blade can be be cut down to shorter length - Stainless #WBR £6.00 each (7.20 including vat)

Regards

Adrian

Originally posted by element View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the usual source for the wipers are? I was told it was a land rover but can't seem to find a match - they're 9" long...? The rubbers are getting a bit worn - they don't get used much! However when caught short last time I was out the heavens opened and things got a bit wet.. wipers fortunately worked but I do need new blades... I don't have a picture - but would expect they'll all be pretty likely identical?
    Last edited by listerjp2; 19-09-18, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Hi,
      I used these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless...3/281627206405. You just cut to size, I cut them at the top as they hit the screen frame.
      I believe these are what is suggested in the build manual.

Derek
      Stumbling around in the dark
      Marina based SWB roadster
      Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

I just replaced the rubber refills in my existing stainless.

I removed the rubber from a conventional wiper blade that was at least double the length eg 20" or more and trimmed them to match the existing length. I therefore had made 2 wiper rubbers from 1 refill, which cost no more than £2 for both wipers.

Most wiper rubbers are 6mm width and iirc the rubber in the stainless are the same.( But check that yours are 6mm before purchasing).

Pound shops used to sell them also Wilko and B&M currently do

Useful tip: Clean the part of the blade that contacts the glass regularly with methylated spirits and a kitchen towel.
        This stops them squeaking and enables them to wipe the screen without leaving smears.
        Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 20-09-18, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ye Ol Ripper View Post
          I just replaced the rubber refills in my existing stainless.

I removed the rubber from a conventional wiper blade that was at least double the length eg 20" or more and trimmed them to match the existing length. I therefore had made 2 wiper rubbers from 1 refill, which cost no more than £2 for both wipers.

Most wiper rubbers are 6mm width and iirc the rubber in the stainless are the same.( But check that yours are 6mm before purchasing).

Pound shops used to sell them also Wilko and B&M currently do

Useful tip: Clean the part of the blade that contacts the glass regularly with methylated spirits and a kitchen towel.
          This stops them squeaking and enables them to wipe the screen without leaving smears.
          Now that sounds like a plan.. I have a B&M not far away...

Comment

Working...
          X