Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Indicator lights

I have just seen this lovely looking car:

and it reminded me that my front indicators are in a sorry state. They are identical to those on this yellow car; but mine have lost a lot of their chrome. I tried hunting high and low for replacements but nothing so far; I don't know where these originally came from. Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

Re: Front Indicator lights

Possibly these..?
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Thank you - they do look very similar; though mine are plastic with a chrome coating and these are (probably better) cast metal with chrome finish..

Comment

Aren’t the wing top mounted lights actually clear/white side markers, not amber indicators.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

These are original or copies of the Lucas 1130 sidelight, nowadays you can get a bulb fitting for these lamps that will take a 5w sidelight bulb AND a 21w amber bulb (small bayonet type) but the prices for these fittings are nearly as costly as the lamp itself. I have them on my roadster I was given a half dozen or so when I was working at Morgan (shop soiled) I was thinking of doing the bulbs conversion until I saw the price.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
            Aren’t the wing top mounted lights actually clear/white side markers, not amber indicators.
            Mine have definitely got amber lenses at the front.

Comment

Working...
            X