What do i have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do i have?

Hi need some help, a few weeks ago I bought a Marlin roadster but at the time did not have the V5, had a look to get insurance V5 says morris marina convertible, what do I have had a rebuild in 2014 very well built, lots of build photos paperwork etc, in that it says a YKC kit on a standard Marina chassis, reg YPA 525T Engine number ME2SKN-226220M, thanks for any help, Ray.

Re: What do i have?

Have you had a look on the DVLA site.

It says it's a Grey Morris with a 1500 engine.

Taxed until 1 August 2019 and MOT'D until 24th July 2019

It may be known to the club and I will let others answer that for you.

In my opinion, if it's taxed and MOT'D then the insurance should be easy.

Just tell them what it says on the V5.

Know doubt others may disagree.

Good luck.

Adrian

Originally posted by yousay54 View Post
    Hi need some help, a few weeks ago I bought a Marlin roadster but at the time did not have the V5, had a look to get insurance V5 says morris marina convertible, what do I have had a rebuild in 2014 very well built, lots of build photos paperwork etc, in that it says a YKC kit on a standard Marina chassis, reg YPA 525T Engine number ME2SKN-226220M, thanks for any help, Ray.

Comment

The motor is Ford Pinto 1600cc before I had the V5 back from DVLA which the dealer sent off in insured as Marlin Roadster, the v5 says ford and when it was fitted as the old motor was a 1300 marina.

Comment

Welcome Ray, all the indications are that you have a well sorted and built car.

It was originally powered buy a 1275cc engine from the donor car (Marina 1.3) from which the registration number came

Based on a Marlin/YKC chassis, during the rebuilds (2012 and onwards) it has acquired cycle wings etc

Regrettably we do not have any pics of the car prior to it's rebuilds, but we do have some stuff from 2012 onwards, so email me privately (details in Pitstop magazine) and I will share them with you.

We can also discuss contact with the DVLA for you to correct the V5 details

As Adrian has said, tell the insurance company what you are doing, as the car is currently Tax & MoT there should not be a problem

Enjoy your driving

Rgds Dave Cunnington MOC Archivist

Comment

Hi Ray,
          Welcome to the club.
          If this is the one I am thinking it is then you have a really nice looking car.
          A picture of it when it was for sale gave me some inspiration for cycle wings myself as I’m in the middle of a rebuild.
          When you get chance could you take some pics of the car and of the front wings so I can see how they are mounted please.
          As said before it is already MOTd and taxed so shouldn’t be a big problem getting the v5 corrected.
          Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
            Hi Ray,
            Welcome to the club.
            If this is the one I am thinking it is then you have a really nice looking car.
            A picture of it when it was for sale gave me some inspiration for cycle wings myself as I’m in the middle of a rebuild.
            When you get chance could you take some pics of the car and of the front wings so I can see how they are mounted please.
            As said before it is already MOTd and taxed so shouldn’t be a big problem getting the v5 corrected.
            Cheers, Martin.
            Hi Martin yes has the cycle wings will take some photos, that is not the problem for me will have to try to attach them, thanks, regards Ray.

Comment

Hi Martin yes has the cycle wings will take some photos, that is not the problem for me will have to try to attach them, thanks, regards Ray.
              Hi All paperwork sent to DVLA, will keep you all posted as to the outcome, thanks for all the help, Regards Ray.

Comment

Good luck Ray.
                I sent you a pm with my email address if you could send the photos through, be interested to see the front cycle wing mounts.
                Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Hi

When you get them can you put them up on the Forum please. I would be interested to see.

Adrian

Originally posted by meverett View Post
                  Good luck Ray.
                  I sent you a pm with my email address if you could send the photos through, be interested to see the front cycle wing mounts.
                  Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Hi will take some photos not a problem, had a new laptop etc, sometimes emails don't get through if I do a email on my Kindle they go, when I get sorted will send photos, may take time I am a silver surfer , regards Ray.

Comment

Hi All paperwork sent to DVLA, will keep you all posted as to the outcome, thanks for all the help, Regards Ray.
                      Hi. I would be interested in what the process was to get the V5 corrected? I thought that if you had a Marlin still registered on the donor logbook the only way forward was the dreaded SVA.

Chere's Robin

Comment

Hi Robin did get mine done properly with a lot of help from the club, First get in touch with Dave Cunnington details in the club mag, sent all paperwork photos etc to Dvla took a long while, came back even got historic tax free, thanks again Dave, don't even think about IVA you have no chance with a old Marlin, cheers Ray.

Comment

Hi Robin did get mine done properly with a lot of help from the club, First get in touch with Dave Cunnington details in the club mag, sent all paperwork photos etc to Dvla took a long while, came back even got historic tax free, thanks again Dave, don't even think about IVA you have no chance with a old Marlin, cheers Ray.
                          Thanks Ray

Any chance of some pictures. I am particularly interested in how the front cycle wings are mounted and in the doors which are deeper than normal (modified chassis?)

cheers, Robin

Comment

Hi Robin will sort some photos may take a few days as have a bad cold, can you send me email to [email protected] please then I can attach photos on email back to you, cheers Ray.

Comment

Working...
                            X